PSN to go down for maintenance this afternoon

Wednesday, 1st June 2011 09:54 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Thought last night’s postponement of maintenance kept you online for another couple of days, right? Dorian. Sony’s just announced that PlayStation Network will go down from 4:30pm this afternoon.

The service will return from 7am tomorrow morning. Users are asked that if they wish to continue playing online before the maintenance, they sign in before 4:30pm.

We’re going to have a pop at it: you may be about to see the return of the PlayStation Store tomorrow morning once the maintenance ends.

Sony had already confirmed yesterday full restoration for PSN by the end of the week, including PS Store’s return.

More details here.

1. EscoBlades

Sony fans ranting.

Inbound in 3….2…..1

2. OrbitMonkey

I can’t wait to see the virtual world Sony are creating for me :D It’s gonna be so awesome to see Tron riding golden unicorns across a double rainbow filled sky!!

That is why this is taking so long right? Right!?

3. Erthazus

@2, you can check it out already. It’s called “Home”

4. TIMCSS

Looks like the last min hitch from last night has been resolved. This was meant to happen last night. oh well, works fine for me as The Apprentice is on tonight :)

5. Redh3lix

I’ll bet good money PSN goes down on launch given sheer amount of traffic from downloading and Sony, ‘all of a sudden’ realise ‘oh shit, we didn’t realise there was going to be this much traffic’ :(

6. TIMCSS

All the content from tha past few weeks wont be up on launch. The welcome back pack will be and most likely the L.A Noire DLC and Dirt 3 online pass. Past that i dont see loads of NEW content being up before the weekend. Didnt sony say they where going to do about 3-4 updates a week to get back on track?

7. BloodyJoe

hope the shop returns tomorrow so that they can release Beyond Good & Evil next week!

8. kingofscotland

Well I have a £20 PSN code, my welcome back games, my LA Noire DLC and my PS Plus subscription so glad I have unlimited internet!

9. NeoSquall

@6 2 updates/week

10. Dr.Ghettoblaster

@5….good point. This shit’s gonna be suddenly stormed by 20-40 million users

I’m hoping this maintenance is the final update and it goes live tomorrow. They used to do Thursday updates, so hopefully that’s their target.

11. xino

for fark sake man.
    Just open the store:/

why are they staling man?
    I hate seeing all these PSN is going down news.

12. Stoopid_Snot

calm down man
    they have one of 2 choices
    1st is to open it up right away and wait for the next hack attack to mess things up.
    2nd is to delay everything just to make sure everything is 100% running and that we can enjoy the PSN how it was before, if not better, plus raise security against another attack

13. IL DUCE

Yeah, I can’t sign into my PSN which makes sense since it’s supposed to be down but one of my friends in Nova Scotia just turned his PS3 on and his PSN isn’t down…weird