New 360 update introduces PayPal, auto-standby

Thursday, 19th May 2011 14:22 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Major Nelson’s announced the availability of the first of a four-part dashboard update for 360, which introduces PayPal as a new form of payment.

The introduction of PayPal will enable users on Xbox Live to buy content using funds from the service instead of using a credit card or MS points for content on Marketplace.

It won’t be available in Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Finland, Greece, Hungary, India, Japan, Russia, South Africa, South Korea and Taiwan, though.

Also included in the update is an auto-standby option, so your console can go into a power-saving mode if left idle for an hour.

More details through the link.

1. daytripper

was expecting a bit more from this update to be honest

2. Moonwalker1982

Very nice to have Paypal support, i don’t have a credit card and now it can go via my own bank account.

3. Alakratt

nicee, auto-standby, like that

4. Blerk

The auto-standby was already in there, it’s the time interval that’s changed – it used to be 8 hours or something.

Anyway, not a very exciting update. The biggie is the new disc format, I guess.

5. Hakkiz

Thanks for leaving us out…

6. DirtEHarry

“…the first of a four-part dashboard update for 360…”

Did I miss something? Major didn’t mention anything like this.

7. Lloytron

Nice one on the auto stand by. I’ve lost count of the number of times my kids have turned the machine on by accident in the morning and its been on all day.

It would be nice to have the ability to remotely switch your machine on though. You can remotely queue downloads, but they dont start until you get home to turn the machine on.

8. Alakratt

@ Blerk

let me celebrate mannn

9. freedoms_stain

When are the UK getting this? I’m tempted to take them up on the £6 3 month gold thing, but I don’t want to give MS my cc details to auto-renew ad-eternium.

10. onyxbox

I heard that the new 360 dashboard update bricked PS3′s and that Rockstar said it’s Sony’s fault.

11. ekfight

@1, i doubt this covers everything the update has to offer… though why this would be the newsworthy part of it… i dunno.
    I imagine there are better things included with it.
    If you have a kinect that is.