Soul Calbur V is ten percent done, 20+ roster aimed for

Wednesday, 18 May 2011 11:14 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Team Soul has confirmed in this week’s issue of Famitsu that development on Soul Calibur V is only ten percent done.

The fighter sequel, announced last week at Namco’s Level Up event in Dubai, is aiming to have a mix of new and old characters, with guest characters also included.

Producer Hisaharu Tago says it’s aiming for a roster which will feature up to at least 26 characters.

Tago also said that the main leads in the development team is mostly consisted of veterans from past games, but it has brought in new talent to work on the game.

New details were also dropped on main character Patroklos, the son of Sophitia. He’ll use the short sword type used by his mom as well as the Arcadia shield.

Siegfield will also return in SCV, where he’ll use the Requiem weapon from SC and SCIII.

Game launches next year for PS3 and 360. Thanks, Andriasang and Siliconera.

Latest