Rumor – NGP to launch outside of Japan first, four launch titles revealed

Saturday, 23rd April 2011 13:48 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

A source close to Jolt has told the site four first-party titles are planned for release alongside NGP “later this year,” and Japan will not be the first to get the new system.

Only once has Sony released a gaming system to regions other than Japan first, and that was PSPgo, which was released in North America and Europe a month before it hit Japan.

The reason this will be the case again, according to the source, is because of the troubles currently facing Japan following the earthquake and tsunami.

Jolt’s source, which works in retail in some capacity, also told the site to expect first-party titles Uncharted, ModNation Racers, Wipeout 2048 and a game called Smart As when the handheld hits in Q3.

There will also apparently be a Resistance title out for NGP between January and March of 2012.

Again, until all of this is confirmed, keep it as a rumored possibility in your heads for the time being.

Thanks, rrw.

1. Erthazus

Wipeout 2048 and Uncharted title sound great for me for the launch but still not enough.

I hope to see 3 more good titles from third party and i’m buying this system on day one.

2. Christopher Jack

I doubt this will happen but I’d like to see several proper PS3 ports like MGS4, the Uncharted series & the Resistance series with cross network support allowing NGP players to play split screen & online with PS3 players. PS2 games should also be a must have but Sony hasn’t even managed that with the PS3 so I’m doubtful but it would be excellent IMO, could happen through the PlayStation Suite but that seems even more doubtful but at least PlayStation Suite should guarantees all the top Android games to come to the NGP.

3. AHA-Lambda

Uncharted is a hell yes for me! But i think i’ll still need to see how the lineup pans out first for the NGP, need to learn my lesson from my PSP which i barely used after all =/

4. Moonwalker1982

Is the Uncharted game a brand new one?

5. rrw

#4 completely new, i think only think that closer to port is modnation

6. Dralen

I really hope they bring the rumoured Metal Gear Solid HD collection to this too.

7. 2plus2equals5

Ok 4 first parties are here, and the others?
    I hope it will have a good launch lineup.