F.E.A.R. 3 story arch trailer gets you caught up on the series

Saturday, 23rd April 2011 17:35 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Those who haven’t played previous versions of the F.E.A.R. series and are confused as to what the hell is going on with Alma and her dysfunctional family, should click the break and get verses in this strange, and screwed up universe.

For the rest of you, who have played previous titles devoted to Alma and her psychotic ways, consider it a refresher course.

F.E.A.R. 3 is out next month for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC from Day 1 Studios.

Thanks, Evil Avatar.

1. abbe

Doesn’t seem like they went through the Fear expansions or Fear 2.

Oh wait… There WAS NO STORY AT ALL IN THOSE. So that’s about right…

2. osric90

Don’t be so hard on F.E.A.R. 2, it was really cool and entertaining to me, not as horrofying as F.E.A.R. but in no way more lineal and repetitive either.

3. The_Deleted

Considering the story through 1-2 bored the crap out of me, I doubt 3 will draw me in.

4. DSB

I loved the first one for the mechanics and the cold dead artstyle. The story was pretty stupid, but they squeezed a creepy young girl in there and a guy who ate peoples throats, so you know, all good.

I have no idea why they bothered with the second one though. Although I guess it’s a pretty common theme with horror movies. Once Hellraiser featured the DJ Cenobite, you knew they were pretty much just taking the piss.

5. triggerhappy686

@ osric90 – We like the same games man. I like the FEAR series, even the expansions too. Just can’t get enough of that slow-mo combat. Im not sure how 3 is going to pan out though, seems like they have traded engaging single player content for some unengaging co-op action. I hope im wrong, theres a time and a place for co-op (SC:Conviction ;) ), I just don’t think this game needed it, seems like they are just jumping on the multi-player wagon…

6. xino

can’t wait for it, i wish the graphics was better but the game is still enjoyable

7. LethalKi11ler

I’m still disgusted with the 3 replacing the E.

8. EscoBlades

I’ve been through 3 different FEAR discs on my 360, and they all have crashed at various points of the game. As a result, i have yet to finish the first one, and have not played any of FEAR 2.

Meh.

9. Noodlemanny

@Lethal
    Diver 3 was called Div3r, so was wasn’t the best game ever, full of glitches and shit but yet I have some oddly fond memories of it. But yep I agree with you it does like a bit. Odd. It’s also not that encoraging on the whole horror part of the game not only are they drifting away from single player and adding co-op (which is gonna slice the horror in two(excuse the pun)) but now they’ve got this weird un-creepy name. Can you imagine a Japanese horror movie title like that?
    @adde None of the F.E.A.R games had any proper story they all made next to no sense but with slow-mo, some bass-ass guns and creepy girls the story just isn’t really on the top of the list to why I’m playing the game.
    P.S(MASSIVE SPOILER)in the second one you get the creepy girl pregnant… how is that not important?