Nintendo will “be bringing some fantastic new experiences to” Wii this year, says Honeywell

Thursday, 31st March 2011 20:36 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Nintendo’s UK marketing manager, James Honeywell, has said Wii owners have “some fantastic new experiences,” to look forward to regarding the console.

Speaking with CVG, Honeywell said the slowdown in Wii sales can be attributed to it already being in so many homes.

“We’ve been really pleased with Wii and how it has performed,” he said. “It’s the market leader in the UK by some margin. I think it has been proven really that it is Britain’s favourite home console with a huge install base.

“But obviously as you reach a certain level things perhaps might slow down, but again we’ve got a really strong line-up, we’re really proud with what we’ve achieved in getting it into so many homes, and we’ve have a strong campaign for promotion this year and think it will continue as a strong viable format.

“We haven’t made any announcements recently because we’ve been concentrating on the 3DS launch, but there are still lots of games to come. I’m sure you’ll see at this year’s E3.

“For anybody who has a Wii, they can rest assured that we’ll be bringing some fantastic new experiences to them.”

The new Zelda, finally, perhaps.

1. onlineatron

I’d love to have the new Zelda, but there’s no way I’m going to be re-buying a Wii this late into it’s life cycle.

2. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Sure…..new as in……….new zelda…….new mario……..new starfox……new metroid…….new kid icarus……etc etc etc

There’s a handfull (literally) of Wii games I’d like to play but will wait for Nintendo’s next system, hope it’s backwards compatible, and upscales to HD.

3. Dralen

@1 I probably could be tempted if there was a price cut. You can get a Xbox for alot cheaper at the moment.

4. Bluscope

Yes ladies and gentlemen…. the exciting and innovative 210th Mario game :/
    Just look at this list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mario_video_games_by_year#2011

Make something else Nintendo I’m seeing Mario in my sleep!! XD.

5. LOLshock94

every mario game is different and its at the top on metacritic so…

6. Bluscope

#5 Hello, have I said that I dislike Mario? No, I have not. But I would like to see some new franchises from Nintendo none the less.

7. ManuOtaku

Maybe this year will we get pikmin 3 , F Zero, last story and xenoblade oh lord i hope this end up true, with this alongside Zelda sky sword, will make my year on the nintendo front.