Max Payne 3 get first new screens in two years

Wednesday, 30th March 2011 15:07 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Rockstar’s just released two new screens of Max Payne 3, the first for the game in nearly two years.

Rockstar tweeted the shots a short time ago, saying: “He’s coming.”

One of the screens seems to be a grab from a trailer. We’re getting onto Rockstar about it now.

The game was announced in May 2009 for a holiday release that year for PS3, 360 and PC, but has been delayed many times.

Rockstar Vancouver’s handling dev duties, having taken over the IP from original developer Remedy Entertainment.

1. Erthazus

and Blerk said that it is too quiet. So Max Payne 3 next year.

2. Zarckan

YAY for deformed arms! #artfail

3. Mike

Here’s another. http://twitpic.com/4eyzbv

4. Blerk

lol, it’s almost like they did that on purpose! :-D

5. Stardog

Looks beyond shit. Why does he have to be a muscly dumbass? Oh, yeah, because they’re copying every other game out there instead of being original.

6. xino

the pic Mike posted, makes the game feels like MGS4

7. Johnny Cullen

@Blerk They’re onto us about GTA V. *shifty look*

8. theevilaires

What is this the GTA engine? The character design in the screen shot looks just like something out of GTA 4

9. Dr.Ghettoblaster

(Original PC Max Payne 1 & 2 fan)

“Hmmmmm……”

10. Erthazus

Max Payne 1 and 2 were great. I’m looking forward to this.

11. theevilaires

I’m still fucking confused about the ending of 1 and beginning of 2. WTH happened its like the changed everything. Is it a prequel or a sequel (#2) I just put in GOD mode cheat and blasted my way through I was so confused. I guess I could fire it up on my PS3 and upscale it before 3 comes out to figure WTH is going on again. All I remember is a rooftop battle ending.

12. YoungZer0

@5: If they’d do the same thing all other again, that would be copying.

It makes sense. He’s a private security contractor. He can’t look like a fart. I don’t know why he’s gone bald, but i really like what i heard about him getting addicted to painkillers and leaving New York.

Why would he stay in NY? He has no one there. A fresh start, doing something else in a completely different place. Make sense.

This game is probably trying to show us some decent Neo-Noir probably inspired by films like City of God. Which is totally fucking awesome.

I love Max Payne 1 & 2, but i’m more in love with change.

13. YoungZer0

@11: You wonder that you’re confused after rushing through the game with God Mode on? Better fire up your PC, because the PS2 Version was a trainwrack.

14. YoungZer0

@10: I’m surprised Erth, you keep complaining about the new DmC, but not about this one?

15. Death Proxy

Like Angel in dexter lol

16. AHA-Lambda

2012?

17. DSB

Max Payne: Forever.

18. Johnny Cullen

@16 Maybe. Actually may put it in early 2012, which would scarper my prediction of GTA V landing in the same period.

19. AHA-Lambda

tbh i dont think we’ll see gta 5 for a good while =/

20. theevilaires

@13 I went into GOD mode after I got confused not before. I do remember the game having hella good voice acting. I think when I saw the new look of the guy portraying max payne I wasn’t that into it. Anyway great game that brought bullet time to video games in a big way. I want to see how they up the ante over their previous copy cat competition in the past years.

This is Rockstar so they’re going big no doubt. Honestly it also gets me excited about a Manhunt 3! with MOVE support :D (stab someone with the controller)

21. YoungZer0

@20: You should definitely replay the game. Max Payne 2 actually managed to exceed the first game.

Also it’s not only Rockstar, but Rockstar Vancouver, the guys behind Bully/Canis Canem Edit.

22. Dralen

Yeah. Max Payne 1 & 2 were God-like on PC, they are definitely in my top ten all-time best game list. I still play them on Steam from time to time. They totally sucked ass on consoles in comparison.

23. IL DUCE

Why is he bald in one pic but has hair in the other?

Anyway…he’s not steriod-jacked looking, he’s just fit quit being such a hater…

WHATEVER ROCKSTAR PUTS OUT WILL BE GOOD…I THINK THEY’VE PROVED THAT NOW, THEY ARE LIKE BLIZZARD, IT MAY NOT COME OUT ON TIME BUT YOU CAN COUNT ON IT ALWAYS BEING GOOD…END OF STORY.

24. Shonak

I am so not into this game, maybe it’s because I loved Max Payne 1 and especially Max Payne 2. But this game – meh, I just worry about it.