SSFIV: Arcade Edition outed by BBFC

Monday, 28th March 2011 13:59 GMT By Johnny Cullen

The BBFC has rated the Arcade Edition of Super Street Fighter IV as a 15, listing a June 24 release date.

The game passed with no cuts made and it has 6 minutes and 49 seconds worth of cut-scenes.

Capcom hasn’t actually announced the SSFIV Arcade Edition, but producer Yoshinori Ono has given out mixed signals on the matter before, having said no in the past before changing his tune saying, the game is maybe coming.

The Korean Ratings Board has also passed the game.

Don’t be too surprised if this ends up being a Captivate announcement in April.

1. StolenGlory

No farking way should they be selling this as a seperate reatil product.

2. Phoenixblight

You are talking about a company that locks out things on the disc to later be sold piece by piece of course its going to be sold separately.

3. Suikoden Fan

The game only just comes out on 3ds and now theres gonna be another version with even more content, i hope they spotpasss the characters…

4. a7md1990

I hate this… first Street Fighter IV… then Super Street Fighter IV….. then Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition…. dammit people its like they’re forcing us to buy all these stupid different editions.. why not just put the new characters as DLC ??

5. mingtons ghost

They added an extra 10 charcters for vanilla to Super

So Hopefully they are secretly creating another six charcters to go with the four newbies in arcade edition

otherwise, GTFO

6. Phoenixblight

Forcing you really? Do you bitch at the cashier when they force you to pay for the game too? :(

7. LRB1983

Lauch title for NGP alla Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX for PSP style?.

8. OlderGamer

Right PB, because thats what he was saying.

He is talking about if you buy the base product, it would be nicer if they gave the option to get chars as dlc, instead of having t0 buy a full new game to have them.

But I am sure you knew that already.

9. Ireland Michael

Yeah, because Capcom totally never did this right the previous Street Fighter gsmes…

God, some of you people have the memory spans of a fish. Do you actually need to be reminded of how many additions of Street Fighter 2 there were?

10. OlderGamer

But they didn’t have DLC avalible in 1993, Michael. It would be nice if Capcom got with the times a bit. But so long as gamers buy the new games, they will keep doing what they do.

Best strategy is prolly to just wait and buy the best version a couple of years from now. But if someone is looking ot buy a complete edition of the game righ tnow, not going to happen. Capcom will just add more content and reprint another one soon.

11. neon6

Who cares about what they did in the past? Just because they’ve done it before means they should still keep on doing it? The technology we have now (in the form of DLC) was made for something like this. That’s how DLC was originally before on the PC when they were called “updates”, before publishers found out they could cut the content out of a game and charge you for it later on.

12. spiderLAW

fuck that….ill do what i did last time. As soon as its announced, sell my Super Street Fighter 4 copy for $5 less then what i paid for it. Then when this comes out, ill only be paying $5 to get it.
    I sold SF4 for $55 and then bought SSF4 for $40 2months later lol.
    Will sell this for $35 and buy arcade edition for $40.

13. lexph3re

That’s the problem spider, this time you can get ssf4 for only 20bucks now. Its value is greatly depreciated then how sf4 was. And, for all we know this time they might sell a.e for 60. And if it is 40 expect even less content then ssf4 and mvc3 combined. Capcom is pure profit right now,its sad. I’m not getting this one. I’m usually first in line for my fighters but not this time. Sorry capcom DMC is your last shot with me

14. Gekidami

lol Anyone remember this?:

I’ll wait for Hyper Ultra Super Street Fighter 4: Turbo Tournament Edition EX: The New Challengers myself.

15. spiderLAW

@Lex i wont have that problem, watch, lol. I was in retail for 4yrs as a store manager. i can sell things higher than value without problem.

SSF4 was only $40 and added characters and levels, and thats what this version will be doing. S.S.D.D.

If cant work out to where im only at a $5-$10 loss, then i wont get it.

16. lexph3re

I feel your logic. @genki yes yes I do remember that. And, that is why capcom is a fail to me

17. a7md1990

@4 no I do not bitch up at the cashier…. I also do not bitch up anywhere else :P