Bungie beta tester program mails being sent out

Thursday, 10th March 2011 18:17 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Bungie has started sending out beta tester emails to those who signed up on the official site.

We’re not sure what the folks at Bungie are getting ready to start testing, or if it has started anything yet, but it’s taking applications all the same.

Here is an excerpt from a mail sent to us by one of VG247′s lovely readers:

“At some point, perhaps during a profound lapse in judgment, you checked a box on Bungie.net and asked to become a Bungie Beta Tester. Today, we present your first challenge. Click the sign up link below, fill out all the questions, and become an official member of the Bungie Beta Tester program.

“Bungie Beta Testers help us make Bungie games great. It might be as simple as answering a few questions or you might be asked to take part in an in-person research study. No matter how you help out, rest assured that we’ll find a way to say “thanks.” Now, do your worst.”

It’s been rumored for ages the firm is working on an MMO, and confirmation of it seemed official when David Aldridge showed a slide during a presentation at GDC last week.

Apparently, it was just a “joke” though. Sorry if you cried.

Bungie’s next release will be published by Activision.

1. Gekidami

I got one yesterday but the link says that the survey has been suspend “due to technical difficulties”.

2. spiderLAW

good. Im not a fan of MMOs (if Starcraft 2 is considered MMO, then i at least like 1) and i dont want bungie making one.
    Lets see the rebirth of Marathon in TPA (third person action)

3. distraet

I’ve been getting the same “technical difficulties” since the mail was send out.

4. DSB

@2 There’s a huge difference between MMOs, like you point out.

I wouldn’t call Starcraft 2 an MMO, since it only has 4 players at any one time (if I understand correctly) but you should really take a look at Planetside. It was a subscription-based FPS MMO, and it played out pretty much exactly like a real war, except obviously simplified several times over.

Imagine joining a company (100-150 guys) instead of a guild and flying into a warzone in an airborne transport with those guys, dropping onto targets, flying the transport, or flying escort in a fighter, following a strategy as a unit, with loads of human enemies from another faction trying to stop you. That was Planetside, and it was decades ahead of its time in my opinion.

Youtube “ps galaxy raid” – That’s the sort of thing people would do. It still amazes me to this day. All the ships and vehicles would have custom markings that you could use for your unit (guild).

I’m tentatively excited to see what this will be, and I’m not any kind of a Bungie fanatic.

5. Bloodyghost

Blizzard and Bungie are making a console MMO. I called it.

6. dark_prince123

1 & 3 I am getting the same message too !! and does this mean we’re going to be part of their new project ?