Sony: We’re not done with Killzone

Wednesday, 23rd February 2011 22:34 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Sony India chief Atindriya Bose has said Killzone 3 is likely not the end of the franchise, leaving us exactly as informed as we were ten minutes ago.

Speaking to Gamingbolt, Bose was unable to state firmly that a fourth entry in the series is definitely on the agenda.

“See, I have not seen it in any product lineup, that I can confirm,” he said.

“And if it does exist, we cannot really tell many people about it. It’s difficult to comment.

“But it’s a numerical order- we had Killzone 1, then 2, then 3. Killzone is a franchise we have invested in, it is a franchise we know does wonders for us, and therefore it’s a franchise that we’ll always back up.”

Translation: Sony would be mad to start talking Killzone 4 right now, but you can bet your boots it’ll happen when Killzone 3 sells a gazillion units.

1. Shonak

Nah, Killzone is not a real system-seller so gazillion units is… “a little bit” exaggerated, but yeah, sure keep it coming. I’d prefer to play as a Helghast though for once, they have much more style.

2. Erthazus

I think Guerilla should make a new IP. I think they are talented. Multiplayer was good and they know how to borrow some ideas from other games, but…

Graphics are ok… They need to improve story somehow.

+ Killzone i think is not a system seller. I want to see sale figures for it. Judging by the sites it’s not that great + Metacritic scores for Killzone 3 now is just 84.

currently i’m playing Bulletstorm that is 85 on Meta and i like it a lot, so i will definetily buy Killzone 3 (because i enjoyed MP in KZ2)

3. YoungZer0

I think every developer should do something new, but i also don’t want them to stop producing what they already have on the table. Killzone is a great franchise. I just wish they would’ve put more work into the story. I think that’s it’s only flaw. I really wish they would put more input into what drives the Helghast. Who are they, what are they doing, what’s the mind of a normal Helghast Soldier. I’m very pleased with the graphics, looks really great and i love the atmosphere. The atmosphere is really where this game shines. A lot of developers seem to ignore this.

IMO, It’s definitely better than Bulletstorm, which i have a hard time continuing right now. Thank god i only rented it, so far i had chuckled only once (I’m serious) and i’m all for immature humor. I think that Japanese dude is one of the more annoying characters in videogame history. And really destroys most of the humor with his annoying asshole comments.

I’m about to rescue the chick right now, but can’t get myself to care.

4. LOLshock94

Erthazus gurilla is not talent! have you played killzone 1 or shell shock?

5. Dr.Ghettoblaster

@1.

Playable Hellgast perspective DLC for KZ3.

Brilliant man.

6. Erthazus

@4, yeah, they are both shit… But it’s long time ago.

Killzone 2 is OK, Killzone 3 looks to be a bit better.

7. Shonak

By the way, I actually wonder what excatly the boss of Sony India has to do with Guerilla? o_O

8. Crysis

Read somewhere that Guerilla is also working on a new IP, I’ll link it when i find it. But they are definitely one of the top console developers.

I like how much Sony’s teams keep in contact, really stands out in their final products, one of the few console franchises that I’ve noticed that stands even next to Sony’s franchises is Epic’s Gears of War franchise.

@Erthazus, keep in mind that I said CONSOLE, not computer, once again different breeds “Graphics are ok…” but compared to other console games you have to admit that it looks pretty spectacular.

9. Crysis

@2/Erthazus, found it http://www.vg247.com/2010/08/01/guerrila-hard-at-work-on-new-ip/

10. Isaaclarke37

It’s inevitable, they already mentioned that before.