Wed, Feb 23, 2011 | 10:19 GMT
First premium TDU2 DLC to be made free after issues
Eden’s confirmed that it’ll release the first premium DLC for Test Drive Unlimited 2 for free following the intital problems the game faced.
The French developer said the Exploration Pack, which will feature the Lancia Stratos version Rallye and 1969 Dodge Charger, will contain “new wrecks to be discovered.”
Many of the game’s issues that have been fixed include:
- Logging into the game has been improved
- Once into the game the online network experience is now much more stable in all areas
- Save games no longer corrupt
- Existing corrupted save games will be repaired in many cases
- Friends lists are now populated
- Invites now work correctly
- Clubs have been brought back online
- Exploits to gain money have been fixed
- Casino access has been improved
- Players will no longer lose money because of the Casino bug
All of these issues have now been fixed on the PC version. The patches for the console versions are currently under certification by Sony and Microsoft.
“Our community has been amazing and helped us quickly identify a number of issues, which we have made significant progress in addressing in the upcoming patches,” said Eden in a statement sent by publisher Namco Bandai.
“The team spends a great deal of time looking at community feedback, so please keep posting your comments to the official TDU2 forums and we look forward to seeing you in Ibiza.”
Test Drive Unlimited 2 launched at the start of this month for PS3, 360 and PC. It became Namco Bandai’s first-ever UK number one title.