Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood PC requirements revealed

Wednesday, 16th February 2011 12:32 GMT By Debabrata Nath

Steam’s opened up a pre-purchase page for Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood, detailing the minimum and recommended PC specs for running the game.

Here are the minimum requirements from the listing:

• OS: Windows® XP (32-64 bits) /Windows Vista®(32-64 bits)/Windows 7® (32-64 bits)
  • Processor: Intel Core® 2 Duo 1.8 GHZ or AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4GHZ
  • Memory: 1.5 GB Windows® XP / 2 GB Windows Vista® – Windows 7®
  • Graphics: 256 MB DirectX® 9.0–compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (see supported list*)
  • DirectX®: 9.0
  • Hard Drive: 8 GB
  • Sound: DirectX 9.0 –compliant sound card
  • Peripherals: Keyboard, mouse, optional controller
  • Supported Video Cards: ATI® RADEON® HD 2000/3000/4000/5000/6000 series, NVIDIA GeForce® 8/9/100/200/300/400/500 series

And the recommend specs are:

• Processor: Intel Core® 2 Duo E6700 2.6 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ or better
  • Memory: 1.5 GB Windows® XP / 2 GB Windows Vista® – Windows 7®
  • Graphics: GeForce 8800 GT or ATI Radeon HD 4700 or better
  • DirectX®: 9.0
  • Hard Drive: 8 GB
  • Sound: 5.1 sound card
  • Peripherals: Keyboard, mouse, joystick optional (Xbox 360® Controller for Windows recommended)

Ubisoft recently confirmed that the PC version will be releasing on March 17 in North America and March 18 in the UK.

It also announced on Monday that a new Assassin’s Creed game will be announced in May and will see a 2011 release.

1. Erthazus

Thats it? =\

So lame…

2. Debabrata Nath

@1: Yeah, that’s the exact thought which came to my mind when I first saw the requirements.

3. Dralen

Not even DirectX 10, let alone 11. Kind of disappointing.

4. back_up

PC gamers : why was this game delayed on PC
    ubisoft: because PC gamers are pirates

5. Crysis

@1, Not every PC gamer has a new computer, Ubisoft is just expanding their potential audience by minimizing the requirements, would still look good with a new graphics card.

6. Aimless

I don’t get it, why would people want the minimum/recommended specs to be higher? The game isn’t going to ignore the fact you have better hardware.

7. Aton

@back_up
    booooooooooooooooooring

8. back_up

then why they delayed it

9. Kalain

They’re not bad specs in all honesty. Maybe his is quite well optimised code from Ubisoft for a change :)

10. Shubb9

@8 because doing all three versions the same time would’ve cost more in terms of studio resources and time. Then, when the more profitable version is out the door, a small team can work on the port.
    This ten year console cycle means min specs for future pc releases won’t change anytime soon. Christ, we’ll be on DX14 by then

11. ThePenta

Are we in like, 2006?
    for gods sake its 2011 Ubisoft.

12. back_up

13. razvan2you

Decent sys req in my opinion…..for a great game…..!And once again Assassin’s Creed proves that a good story makes a good game….graphic counts less……

14. Erthazus

@5, there are minimum requirements and recommended.

If you are a typical gamer, then minimum or medium settings are for you.

but we live in the direct X11 generation already. Gamers who updated their PC’s deserve more. Props for Optimization, but gamers who like to upgrade their PC’s left in the dust.

+ considering that PC version was delayed after 4-5 months. I’m sorry, thats not acceptable.

15. Shubb9

@12 at first I thought that doesn’t make sense, why would delaying the release reduce piracy? If people are gonna pirate, they’ll do it whenever it come out. But in context of my first comment, reduced sales from piracy means it makes sense to keep productions cost down by just doing a straight port with a small team, not going the extra mile by adding DX10/11 support and more mission types like they did with AC1 directors cut. Obviously got burned on the first one, shame.
    Dear god, reasoned with by back_up, I think I need a lie down.

16. NeoSquall

Well we couldn’t expect anything better than this, given that the game had to be developed for all three platforms at the same time, released on consoles first and then released for PC with some nitpicks like 3D vision.

17. Michael O’Connor

I find it baffling that everyone is complaining that the minimum specs aren’t higher. Seriously, what the hell..? The lower the spec requirements, the better! It means more people get to play it.

18. Shubb9

@17 I’m not coming at it from an exclusiveness angle (‘Your e-peen must be this big to get on the ride’) its just that I’ve always looked at the min/rec spec as a yardstick for what’s the upper ceiling of shinyness I can expect from the game and being a bit of a graphics whore that’s important for me. Immersion and all that, plus the fact my gfx card cost more than either console and a lot of games I love don’t take advantage of that.

19. Erthazus

@17, people baffling about recommended specs, not minimum.
    Gamers who like to upgrade their PC’s for maximum experience left in the dust, considering game was delayed for 4-5 months. I’m sorry thats not acceptable when the game is in Direct X9 when we live in Direct X11.

I bought great RIG not for Direct X9, old 8800 GTX SPECS and of course big DELAY.

20. Erthazus

If the game will have better frame rate or Anti Aliasing and 1080p. For me, thats not enough.

Great example of games on the PC are Crysis 2, RAGE, Portal 2 (that will support any videocard strengths), Blizzard games, Metro 2033 and etc.

21. Dralen

I only said I would have liked a bit of DirectX10 or 11 support. I mean what’s the point in owning a graphics card with DirectX 10 or 11 and developers don’t even make use of it?

22. lucascane

I’m satisfied now. Just give me the game~ Can’t wait to play.

23. badboy_122

at least put dx10 in it ..come on !!!!

24. Maximum Payne

You are overreacting i mean Erth it is like you play game for graphic and not for gameplay and story.I am happy that Brotherhood is coming to PC + multiplayer and that is all i need.Just because it not have Direct x10 which is JUNK.Direct x11 well only Dirt 2 and Metro 2033 are game that use small part of DX11.It is far from taking full advantage of DX11.Maybe Crysis 2 but i think Battlefield 3 is going to be next big think.Also RAGE is DX9 ONLY.Maybe will have 3D or Eyefinity but it is DX9 only.If you want more juice of your hardware get 2160P Monitor or Eyefinity….

25. badboy_122

you got a point dude !!! but when you wait a long time for an awesome game like this ..it’s just ..you wanna see it perfect ..you know what I mean ?!!
    but I agree with you that graphics are not everything ..but it would have been nice to see it in better graphics …don’t you think ?!!

26. Taksorer

Okay, now im just pissed…my video card is too good for this game! Radeon HD 8650

27. AHA-Lambda

ffs you guys will get pissed off about anything -_-

why are low requirements a bad thing?
    more people can play the game and it will still look awesome if you have a top of the line pc after all