Dead Space 2: Severed video stills emerge

Saturday, 5th February 2011 14:33 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Three screenshots of Severed, the “all-new digital download pack” announced for Dead Space 2 last month, have popped up online. Each was taken from the latest “Questions with Steve” Q&A video featuring the game’s executive producer, Steve Papoutsis.

Get the screen pulls over on Gamerzines, and watch the video with Papoutsis below.

The DLC features two standalone chapters starring Gabe and Lexine from Dead Space: Extraction, who are trying to escape the Sprawl which is crawling with Necromorphs.

It’ll run in parallel Issac Clarke’s story.

PS3 and Xbox 360 users will be the recipients of the DLC, as EA told VG247 when Severed was announced it would not be heading to PC.

No date or price yet.

1. back_up

now PC gamers will again cry in ea forums just like they are crying in rockstar forums :lol:

2. Stephany Nunneley

@1 Well, to be fair, it’s not really fair now is it? Just like when 360 gets exclusivity over PS3 and viceversa. Then everybody moans.

3. OrbitMonkey

Pfft, a few months from now some enterprising pc user will release a mod for *free* that’ll be equal to, or better than the paid for dlc from EA…

4. xino

@stephany

if you watch the video, Steve called the Pierre `man`:P

anyway
    spoilers:

what is the Sprawl exactly?
    I know the first game took place in Isimuhra,
    second in Titan, Extraction in Ageis 4 and Isimuhra.

so what is the Sprawl? another base like the above?

anyone seen the animated Dead Spaces?

5. abbe

The sprawl is Titan, it is its nickname, or more common name to the inhabitants.

6. Gekidami

^ The Sparwl is the name of the space station on Titan, its where you are in DS2.

I’ve seen Downfall, got Aftermath 2 days ago but havent watched it yet.

7. Gekidami

Also, its Aegis 7. Not 4.

8. Phoenixblight

Wow. Ain’t that a kick in the pants for PC users. I bought Ds2 on the PC because I wanted better graphics and also wanted to pay at my computer where I can alt tab to check the internet between playing. If they are putting it on the 360 or PS3 why not the PC.

9. Gekidami

Apparently the PC version is also missing the Elite Suit in New Game+ & the Hardcore Mode foam hand reward. Or so i’ve heard…

10. psybass

back_up@ what are you? a kid? if so go play Pokemon or grow up already!

11. OrbitMonkey

@10 You saying Pokemon is just for kids!?

“PIKACHU I CHOOSE YOU!!”

12. Phoenixblight

I haven’t replayed the game yet so I can’t confirm it but if this so I can’t see why it can’t be patched or added. Why remove that market unless they just don’t like money?

13. ninjanutta

no price or date yet?Ive already got this for 360 so its out in the wild already.

14. Gekidami

I can confirm that the elite suits and hancannon are indeed missing from the PC version. But its actually due to a bug says the devs so they’re going to patch it.

15. back_up

@psybass who are you ?
    are you PC gamer ? is so pirate the game and then cry in publisher forums