First official PSP2 images released by Sony – get them all here

Thursday, 27th January 2011 08:18 GMT By Patrick Garratt

psp25

Following on from this morning’s announcement of Sony’s Next Generation Portable – PSP2 in all but name – the firm’s released the first official images of the console.

1. Razor

Hmm.

Not much of looker. I don’t think Sony have thought through the raised analogue sticks though.

2. Erthazus

Design is SOLID. You actially can’t do something better than this to be honest.

3. Razor

No slider is complete fail IMO.

4. Crysis

Agreed, it’s quite frankly ugly, I’d rather a new external design, but with it’s features i can easily forgive the cosmetics.

5. Patrick Garratt

I think the whole thing sounds really exciting, to be honest, especially with that PlayStation Suite announcement. Android phone, PS3, NGD, all clouding content and saves. It’s going to be awesome.

6. UuBuU

I don’t get the ugly comments. It looks great to me – vast improvement on the PSP, and MUCH better than the tacky-looking 3DS.

7. Crysis

Well MS have arranged with certain ISP providers here in Aus to let us use XBL & it doesn’t affect our quote, let’s hope Sony can arrange the same deal.

8. Tiger Walts

Judging by the first shot you need the power to levitate electrical goods in order to use the controls. Seriously, what is holding it up?

9. Blerk

I wouldn’t call it ugly, it’s just a more rounded PSP. Looks ‘solid’ too.

Not sold, though. :-D

10. Deacon

Looks great. Spec is great. This is a great day for Sony fans and gamers of all allegiances.

I’m definitely thinking DAY 1 right now.

11. DaMan

looks ugly, if anything this is the epitome of tackiness.

12. TheWulf

Does no one understand the design?

Interesting…

Okay, I’ll do my best to explain why I think this design is actually worthwhile. If I’m holding a DS, an iPad, or even a number of tablets for a while it begins to kill my hands. Especially if I have to hold them near the edges.

I’ve never been that fond of handhelds period, but I will say that the PSP was the only one that was comfortable to hold for an even slightly elongated period of time. The reason being is that it fits snugly into one’s hand. There are no jutting edges that will leave your hands in firey pain.

Sometimes pragmatism is better than a swish visual appearance. The iPad has a swish visual appearance, but the iPad also kills hands.

13. russdude13

At first I was slightly disappointed, but the more I see it, the more it grows on me.
    Anyway the specs massively outweigh the looks.

14. theevilaires

Is it me or does the back of the unit give anyone else a stiffy. I think I’ve found something more sexier than you Stephany :D

15. Psychotext

I don’t think I would go that far… ever. But I do like how they’ve used the button signs over it. Great little touch.

16. KL

It looks good,equivalent to the psp,better off without the slider it would snap like a piece of licorice.

ps trolls need to shut up since they can’t come up with anything good when it comes to Sony