The NPD has released a top ten list of the best selling games of 2010 and amazingly, Call of Duty: Black Ops is royally serene at the very head.
Other notable entries include Black Ops’ precursor, Modern Warfare 2, at eighth place; Red Dead Redemption at fifth; and NBA 2K11 sneaking in at tenth.
The NPD’s data covers only physical media, so you won’t see any digital-only titles popping their heads over the bestseller event horizon. Anyway, digital sales data would probably just propel Black Ops even higher up the charts, requiring an entirely new method of counting to represent.
The full top ten’s below. Data utilised included all platforms and editions.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops* (360, PS3, Wii, PC, NDS)
- Madden NFL 11 (360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP)
- Halo: Reach* (360)
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii)
- Red Dead Redemption (360, PS3)
- Wii Fit Plus* (Wii)
- Just Dance 2 (Wii)
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2* (360, PS3, PC)
- Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood* (360, PS3)
- NBA 2K11 (360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii, PC)
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.