Shift 2: Unleashed confirmed for March 25 UK release, March 29 US launch

Thursday, 13th January 2011 14:24 GMT By Johnny Cullen

nfsshift2unleashed

EA’s just confirmed a March release for Shift 2: Unleashed.

The racer will launch on March 24 in Europe, March 25 in the UK and March 29 in the US.

The release date comes in a new trailer. There’s bits from the debut teaser in there as well as some gameplay footage with racing at night.

Trailer’s below.

The game’s being made by Slightly Mad Studios for PS3, 360 and PC with the return of social tool Autolog, first introduced in Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit.

1. theevilaires

Awesome I just finished Hot Pursuit and it was kick ass. I’m cleaning up the rest of the trophies for my platinum. Now its GT5 time. I should be done with that by the time Shift 2 comes out so everything is going according to schedule for my racing gaming.

2. SplatteredHouse

I really couldn’t give a Shift about this game.

3. Anders

@1 Shift and Hot Pursuit are two -totally- different games. Different studios, different gameplay, different focus, different everything. You really shouldn’t buy this based on your experience with Hot Pursuit.

Buy the original Need for Speed: Shift instead. You can probably get it for ten to twenty bucks by now.

4. themadjock

No 5 year wait then…. GT5 is an awesome simulator and I must have put many hours into it but you really need a wheel to experience it properly. Hoping the AI in Shift 2 is better than GT5

5. Razor

“The most realistic racer ever”

Wow, they’re really going all out with this war against GT and FM aren’t they?

It looks like night racing isn’t a patch on GT5 though.

6. theevilaires

@ Anders I have and already platinum shift 1. So I’m not basing this off Hot Pursuit. LMAO who do you guys think you’re talking to when it comes to gaming. I buy and play more games in a month than you do in a year.

7. AHA-Lambda

wow i thought this got delayed into Q2? O_o

Maybe i just imagined that, either way after hot pursuit i’d say its waaayyyy too soon =/

8. Fin

@6 LOL THE GIRLS MUST GO CRAZY FOR U!!111

9. theevilaires

@8 I’m juggling 9 atm and its cutting into my gaming time dammit :D I’m like a pimp only I get payments in pink not green ;)

oh and they all love the 3D tv with the PS3 slim :D