Following yesterday’s confirmation of 3DS’s launch line-up and details on battery life and such, Nintendo World 2011 has yielded a staggering weight of video, imagery and news on Zelda 3DS, Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition, Resident Evil: Revelations, Kid Icarus and more.
We’ve rounded everything up for you below. Read the following and you’ve missed nothing.
3DS launches on February 26 in Japan. US and European launch details are expected to be announced at events in Amsterdam and New York on January 19.
Super Street Fighter 4 3D Edition detailed
As per a presentation on the handheld 3D edition of SSF4 at the Nintendo event, the game’s to contain 35 characters, online play, a spectator mode called Channel Live which supports up to six viewers per match, in which you can select your preferred view perspective; a gold version of Chun-Li; and something called Download Play, which allows you to keep on playing even if the original host player has left a match. Watch the game demoed in the video below.
The game’s included in the Japanese launch line-up.
Resident Evil: Revelations and Mercenaries detailed
Capcom’s two 3DS Resident Evil games, Revelations and Mercenaries, both got a viewing Nintendo World 2011. Revelations is a full new RE game, while Mercenaries combines arcade levels from both RE4 and 5.
Revelations will feature more characters than just Jill and Chris, and won’t just take place on the already-seen ship. Some stages will be huge, apparently.
Mercenaries will focus is on “high action” and includes a grenade launcher that calls down an electric bolt. And everyone needs one of those.
Screens and art on NintendoEverything. Neither game is included in the Japanese launch line-up.
Other news bits
- BlazBlue Continuum Shift II confirmed for 3DS, Rabbids on 3DS and more – GoNintendo
- Photos and general show report – 1UP
- More box-art shots – GAF (via GoNintendo)
- Super Street Fighter IV 3D presentation photos – NintendoEverything
Reggie on 3DS visuals, Move, Kinect and augmented reality footage (via GoNintendo)
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition – full stage presentation (thanks, GoNintendo)
Resident Evil Revelations and Mercenaries presentation, including new Mercenaries trailer (thanks, GoNintendo)
Paper Mario 3DS, Ocarina of Time 3DS – footage, impressions (thanks, GoNintendo)
Super Street Fighter 4 3D Edition – latest trailer (thanks, GoNintendo)
3DS preview from Nintendo’s JC Rodrigo and Reggie Fils-Aime (thanks, GoNintendo)
Nintendo 3DS software lineup off-screen trailer (thanks, GoNintendo)
Paper Mario 3DS off-screen gameplay (via GoNintendo)
Starfox 3DS off-screen gameplay (via GoNintendo)
Mario Kart 3DS off-screen gameplay (via GoNintendo)
- Ocarina of Time – Aussie-Nintendo
- Augmented reality features – Aussie-Nintendo
- Steel Diver – Aussie-Nintendo
- Nintendogs and Cats – Aussie-Nintendo
- Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition – Nintendo3DSblog
- Kid Icarus: Uprising – Nintendo3DSblog
- Resident Evil: Revelations – Nintendo3DSblog
- Resident Evil: Revelations – Andriasang
- Resident Evil: Revelations – 1UP
- 3DS hardware – Arstechnica
- Resident Evil: Revelations – IGN
- Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition – IGN
- Kid Icarus: Uprising – 1UP
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.