The Writers Guild of America has nominated Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood, God of War 3, and Fallout: New Vegas among others for its annual Video Game Writing Award, which is to be handed out on February 5.
According to the Guild, the award is to “promote storytelling excellence in video games, improve the status of gaming writers, and encourage uniform standards within the gaming industry”, while extending Guild contract benefits to the writers, reports Gamasutra.
Nominees considered worked on games released between December 1, 2009 and November 30, 2010 and only those who are members of the WGA or who have applied to be one were considered.
Here is the list of those being considered for the award:
- Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood, Story by Patrice Desilets, Jeffrey Yohalem, Corey May; Lead Script Writer: Jeffrey Yohalem; Script Writers: Ethan Petty, Nicholas Grimwood, Matt Turner; Ubisoft
- Fallout: New Vegas, Creative Design Lead/Lead Writer: John Gonzalez; Writers: Chris Avellone, Eric Fenstermaker, Travis Stout; Additional Writing: Tess Treadwell, George Ziets, Jason Bergman, Nick Breckon, Matt Grandstaff, Will Noble, Andrew Scharf; Bethesda Softworks
- God of War III, Written by Marianne Krawcyzk; Additional Writing by Stig Asmussen, Ariel Lawrence, William Weissbaum; Sony Computer Entertainment
- Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, Writer: Benjamin McCaw; Story Dialogue Editor: Marianne Krawczyk; Ubisoft
- Singularity, Written by Marc Guggenheim, Lindsey Allen, Emily Silver; Additional Story and Writing: Jason Henderson, Adam Foshko, Michael Cassutt; Story and Script Consultant: Adam Foshko; Activision
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II, Executive Producer-Writer: Haden Blackman; In-Game Script: David Collins, John Stafford, Cameron Suey; Additional Writing: Tid Cooney, Ian Dominguez, Tony Rowe; LucasArts
The 2011 Writers Guild Awards will be held simultaneously in New York and Los Angeles on February 5.
Last year, Amy Hennig won for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.
The full press release can be found here.