WH40K: Space Marine screens show orks dying horribly

Tuesday, 7th December 2010 17:44 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

wh40ksm

THQ has sent over three new screenshots for Warhammer 40K: Space Marine.

Each shot shows an orks getting killed in a painful way, whether it be from a plasma blast, a chainsword, or an explosion.

Formally announced back in the summer, WH40K: Space Marine is slated for a summer 2011 release on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.

Enjoy the screens below.

1. Erthazus

For me it’s first day buy on the PC.

I lUv Warhammer 40K

2. Crysis

I’ll likely buy it on PS3, prefer action games on console.
    @1, expect it to be a shit console port, they only decided to bring it to pc earlier this year.
    I honestly have low expectations for this so i’ll wait for the reviews, an average of 7 is the lowest accpetable for me to warrant a purchase, i just don’t have the money to throw away on crap.
    Been playing SS for the last 5 hours with a few mates & before that i had a couple games of the last stand from DoW2, guess i lUv W40K too, oddly i hate the tabletop, though if they made a direct video game of it i’d likely purchase it.

3. Erthazus

“expect it to be a shit console port, they only decided to bring it to pc earlier this year.”

I don’t remember a single shitty console port for singleplayer games that were ported from consoles and played or looked worse on the PC. AAA titles i mean (except multiplayer games like Black Ops)

+ PC is important for THQ and always was important for THQ and Warhammer franchise is also more important than console versions considering there are RTS’s and new MMO.

+ port from Xbox 360 won’t hurt nothing. It is Ps3 who need to afraid of it’s port. PC always have a good ports from THQ and most of the publishers.

4. NeoSquall

@2 I want to believe they won’t make the capital mistake of making a bad port on PC, or else Relic offices will likely be purged with the holy fires of fan rage.

5. Crysis

Still have the bad feeling it’ll end up like Fire Warrior, so much potential using the W40K franchise & Relic’s done an excellent job with the Dawn of War franchise.
    “PC is important for THQ and always was important for THQ and Warhammer franchise is also more important than console versions considering there are RTS’s and new MMO”
    I’m more than fully aware of all of this, i’m just pointing out that a PC port was a last second decision for THQ so it’s obviously not the lead platform, they originally weren’t even intending on having a PC version but most of W40Ks fanbase are loyal to the pc so that would have been a huge mistake.
    My point is, it will not live up to your extremely high bar for fram rates & tewture details which seems to be the only things you give a fuck about in gaming, i mean isn’t that the exact reason you started an imaginary war against consoles? You only piss people off when you complain about visual quality, it’s not adding anything to the discussion other than fanboism, defend yourself with what ever dribble you want, but everyone would agree with me.

6. triggerhappy686

looks like its sticking very true to the source, which is a good thing. I mean that IS a WH40K plasma rifle in pic 3. I’ll be picking this up day 1 on PC :)

7. NeoSquall

@5 the screens clearly are from the PC version of the game /troll

@6 I wonder what will remain of the ork after a point blank plasma rifle shot, unless the marine rolls a 1 :D

8. triggerhappy686