Tozai Games to release Spelunker HD on PSN next week

Thursday, 18th November 2010 23:26 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

spelunkerhd

Tozai Games has announced it’s to release Spelunker HD on PS3 through the PlayStation Store on November 23.

The game is an updated version of Timothy Martin’s 1983 game with all the original enemies and terrain threats remain.

It has, however,new additions such as 100 new levels in 10 newly designed HD worlds, more pits, tricks, traps and enemies, poisonous bat droppings, flame vents, geysers, flash floods, earthquakes, rolling boulders and ice slopes, and the ghosts of fallen spelunkers.

Awesome. Just awesome.

The game will contain “multiple levels of difficulty, re-playability” and up to six online in multiplayer.

Upon release next week, it will run you $9.99.

Check out the trailer below. There’s screens over on the US PS Blog as well.

1. abnormal alan

that looks filthy yet another PSN game I wont be buying I swear there’s only like 4 I want

2. Filofax

@1 The graphics on the remake look really good, I think you need to pay a visit to specsavers matey. Plus the original spelunker was bloody fantastic, let’s hope this update has kept the gameplay intact.

3. Old MacDonald

Hope it’s a bit easier than the original. Man, that game was hard…

4. evilashchris

How the hell have they managed to make the animation worse? :D

5. abnormal alan

what are you talking about the graphics are average at best and the animation looks duff. I’ve seen better looking games coming out of the XBLA indie channel (that’s not a knock at the indie channel)

6. Kuwabara

dumb xbox fanboy. Stick with ur pathetic console. 99% of xbox arcade titles look bad and cheap/

7. StolenGlory

Fucking fanboys.

Just fuck off you putrid, parasitic turds.

8. abnormal alan

fan boy??? I have both consoles and play them pretty much evenly. If there was an Indie channel equivalent on the PS3 I would of compared it to that instead but there isn’t . I purely wanted to compare something made by a company to some indie developers.

@Kuwabara

and talking to you specifically I never said “der the xbox live arcade is better der, Everything on PS3 sucks der” if this had been on the xbox I would still have said it looks crap

how about both of you actually look at what i’m saying before you start giving me shit