Spend 1600 MSP on Live for Christmas, get 400 MSP back

Thursday, 18th November 2010 10:21 GMT By Johnny Cullen

xboxlivelogo

Microsoft’s announced a special rebate offer to those who will be buying goods from Xbox Live for Christmas.

If you spend 1600 MS points on Arcade titles, add-on content for retail titles (Halo, Gears of War Alan Wake, etc) and Avatar gear from Microsoft Game Studios, you’ll get 400 MS points back.

There’s details on how to register for the offer here. You need to sign up for it by next Monday.

Thanks, Major.

1. Mike

It’s only select retail titles. i.e. Halo 3 – not Halo Reach. And many iof the XBLA games it wants you yo buy are old, like RezHD.

But if you don’t own RezHD then you really, really should.

2. Mike

You also have todownload a gamerpic, that isn’t one really. But there’s a link on dash to do it.

I thought it was a really good idea until I realised I don’t play Halo 3 anymore, didn’t own Alan Wake and wasn’t interested in XBLA from 2009 and earlier.

3. JL

The ‘Holiday Offer’ is for Thanksgiving: “This promotion starts at 12:01 A.M. Eastern Time (ET) on November 16 and ends at 11:59 P.M. ET on November 22, 2010.”

4. M2Kx

Just wanted to mention, that I got my 800 points from the last promo, very fast this time :)

I thougt I’d grad also this offer, but there are no games, which I don’t already posses.

5. Moonwalker1982

Oh so i can’t spend it on Mass Effect 2 DLC and such?

6. DJ Deathstar

@4 Yeah i got mine through yesterday too and will most likely be spent on the new Pac Man, played the trial yesterday and its awesome lol

7. Blerk

I didn’t get mine yet! Bah, humbug!

8. freedoms_stain

What on the Arcade list is worth getting? (already have South Park and Splosion Man on XBLA, Defense Grid and Braid on Steam)

9. Psychotext

N+ / The Maw.

Rez HD / Ikaruga are also awesome, though obviously they’re just updates of old games.

10. Blerk

Edit: Reading fail. :-)

11. drewbles82

i hope they do the 12 days of christmas like last year. offers everyday was awesome. saving my points just incase as didnt have enough last time. i only eva get stuff when its deal of the week etc. waiting for monkey island 2, earthworm jim.

12. DJ Deathstar

@11 I’d imagine they’ll do it again as if was a success last year. Hopefully it’ll be the same in the fact that was the first opportunity to get some of that years Summer of Arcade titles on offer as i’m pretty sure Splosion Man, MvsC2 and Shadow Complex were featured in last years 12 days. Wouldn’t mind picking up something like Hydro Thunder for 800 or maybe even 560 as thats what price they dropped 1200 games to last year!

13. itsucks

@Mike: I still have to buy Alan Wake DLC#2, buy why would i spend more than the double of it’s cost, just to get some freebie points?

This is directed to big spenders on XBLA games and still didn’t buought some of early hits.