Super Meat Boy PC out November 30, new characters revealed

Tuesday, 16th November 2010 11:04 GMT By Patrick Garratt

headcrab

The PC version of Team Meat’s Super Meat Boy has finally been dated, and it’s been confirmed the new version will include Half-Life’s Headcrab and World of Goo’s Gooballs as playable characters.

The platformer will release on November 30, as posted on the official site. If you pre-order on Steam you’ll get it for $10 as opposed to the full price of $15.

Previously confirmed characters exclusive to the PC version over the already-released 360 game are Mr. Minecraft from Minecraft, Captain Viridian from VVVVVV and Josef from Machinarium.

Will you buy it? Yes, you will. Thanks, RPS.

1. AHA-Lambda

wish i got the pc version now just cos of all the new indie character goodness.

VVVVVV? half life? world of goo? FUCKING WIN!!! :D

2. StolenGlory

I always knew Lamarr was destined for great things.

3. Erthazus

LAMARR :D instant BUY :D

4. Old MacDonald

Guess I have to buy this, since everyone are raving about it. Though I’ve no idea when I’ll get to play it, my Steam and GOG accounts are so full of games I’ve never gotten around to playing that I think I may have a problem (I’m not addicted to games, I’m addicted to buying games…).

5. AHA-Lambda

@4 – me too :(

there there

6. Anders

Lovely madness.

7. Patrick Garratt

I’ll buy this. I was going to get it on 360, but this seems like the one to have.

8. seregrail7

It’s out the 30th, pre-order starts on the 23rd.

9. Patrick Garratt

@8 – Fuck’s sake. Thanks.

10. JonFE

The way I read the official site’s post, *only* the Steam version will include HL’s Headcrab and the non-Steam version will include WoG’s Gooballs as a playable character, in Headcrab’s place.

You may want to keep that in mind, when you place your order.

11. Callum

I remember when this was just a cute little flash game :)

Chase the dream! etc…

12. onlineatron

Grrr… Just bought the 360 version, but the PC one seems like the definitive version.

Perhaps MS is making them release the new characters and pay for DLC?