GT5 confirmed for November 24 release, will include 1,031 cars, 71 tracks

Friday, 12th November 2010 14:30 GMT By Debabrata Nath

gt5demo3

Sony’s just confirmed that Gran Turismo 5 will release both in PAL territories and the US on November 24.

The news will delight fans, who’ve been forced to endure several very public slips to the hugely anticipated racer.

The full list of cars in the game has also been released. Hit the image below to download it as an Excel spreadsheet.

gtcarlist

A full list of 71 tracks have also been released by SCEE. Get them at the bottom.

Earlier, game creator and Polyphony Digital boss Kazunori Yamauchi teased the announcement, tweeting that the release date reveal was imminent.

“It looks like the release date is about to be announced,” the legend said.

Gran Turismo 5 was heading for a November 3 release but got delayed at the last moment.

Recent rumour put the game’s release at somewhere before the end of December’s first week.

Several videos of people playing what appears to be the final game have emerged in the past week.

Here’s the full list of tracks:

Fuji Speedway F
Fuji Speedway GT
Suzuka Circuit
Suzuka Circuit East Course
“Superspeedway – Daytona
(Daytona International Speedway)”
“Road Course – Daytona
(Daytona International Speedway)”
Tsukuba Circuit
Circuit de la Sarthe 2009
Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (No Chicane)
Circuit de la Sarthe 2005
Circuit de la Sarthe 2005 (No Chicane)
Nürburgring Nordschleife
Chamonix West
Chamonix Mini
Toscana
Toscana / Reverse

And the launch trailer:

1. 0ldsnake1

”is about to be announced”
    we’ve heard this shit before

2. StolenGlory

GTFO.

3. manamana

There was a time, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on it.
    Than I cancelled my preorder.
    In December I’m in Bali for vacation eg. no consoles.
    Will pick it up next year, will be a superb game, I’m shure.
    Nonetheless it’s like I lost a little interest everytime it got delayed.

4. Psychotext

All a bit of a joke now. They couldn’t organise a handjob in a whorehouse.

5. 2plus2equals5

I really hate announcements of announcements! DX

6. Robo_1

And quite right too, who’d settle for a hand job in a whore house. :)

7. cookiejar

@6 Hah :D

I was almost to the point of not caring at the last delay, then I watched those leaked vids, and the screenshots of the games interface and I fell back in love again. I don’t care that its taken this long. Its GT. Its gunna be a cracker.

8. g00nerz

Can’t wait to shoot my cum over Gran Turismo’s tits. *just don’t get it in my eyes ok?*

9. Johnny Cullen

There. November 24.

10. Razor

YESSSSS

11. Blerk

What year?

12. Dr.Ghettoblaster

November 24th? I’d LIKE to belive it this time. I really would…

13. Dr.Ghettoblaster

So does this actually mean Nov 23 with the 24th being a Wednesday and games traditionally coming out on Tuesdays?

14. Crysis

Cool, i could get this on my next payday… but i won’t, still paying of my damn tv, may get this after christmas, when i don’t feel obligated to buy family some presents.

15. Rhythm

That PDF only has one page

16. Robo_1

:D

Would be beyond classic if everyone had missed the 2011 bit.

17. Patrick Garratt

Fuck knows what’s going on with the PDF. I’ll sort it now.

18. Patrick Garratt

I’ve just added the Excel file. Hit the image to download it.

19. EscoBlades

I’m not holding my breath. Thankfully i never preordered in the first place :P

20. Debabrata Nath

Okay, at last. :D

21. Blerk

It’s got to make it this time. Surely.

It’ll probably make it to the shelves and then they’ll discover a game-breaking bug which means it only works on Polyphony’s own PS3s or something. :-)

22. ecu

Of course it’ll make it. They’ve already printed the discs.

23. Blerk

NBA Elite 11 says hi! :-D

24. Mourinho

I dont care about this game anymore… I will buy NFS : HP :)
    IMHO this delays and competition with NFS will slow the sales of GT5.

25. mattrobbo670

@24 ssshhh you’ll scare it away

26. Erthazus

1031 is pretty serious shit.

27. locus2k1

just took a look at the trophies… it ain’t pretty ladies and gentlemen.

28. Tallon 4

1031 Cars:
    800 cars that you won’t( hate to ) drive
    200 cars that you’ll drive once
    31 cars that are awesome to drive and you really care about

I’d rather see more tracks and less cars

29. cookiejar

@28 You never know. This game is ripe for DLC. You could keep this going for years, just adding bits over PSN.

30. XDamage

It’s bed time for Need for Speed, Forza etc. soon. :)

31. Gadzooks!

Full list of cars over at EG.

It’s a good list, always is with GT games.

Realistically its only a couple hundred cars though. A large portion of that list is almost identical Imprezzas and Skylines.

32. manamana

WTF! I have just a week to play, before I go in vacation? Thats not fair.

/calls wife to cancel the flights

33. Dr.Ghettoblaster

awesome gif:

_

34. Erthazus

@33 ahahaha :D especially when he prints a CD-R disk :D

35. XDamage

@manamana: Your two comments #3 and #32 made me LOL!
    I thought you had lost interest?? :D

36. AHA-Lambda

woah GT5 in november and DNF next year?! *mind blown* O_O

37. Gekidami

No Skodas?! WHHHAAAATTT!!!???

And no Chery QQ? I am disappoint.

38. cookiejar

I hope the Nissan in game store has those seat beads I can put into the Bluebird. Ultimate 1990′s cab style :D

39. manamana

@XD must.resist.to.play.argh! :-D

@33/34 Deja vu?

40. Gekidami

^ I’ve been robbed!

41. sebbie16

The car list proves how long in development it was…. many modern cars are missing >.>

42. itwa5me

Has anyone looked at the car list????? What a fucking joke!!! Kazunori Yamauchi has pulled the biggest scam since Bernie Madoff. THERE ARE ONLY 75 NEW CARS! ITS LITERALLY GT4 WITH 3D AND BULLSHIT GO KARTS AND BULLSHIT NASCAR!

Look at the audis! only the new rs6 wagon and 5 r8′s. Why in the hell don’t they have the rs4 or rs5? No a5′s at all!

Look at the mercedes NO new cars at all except the c63 and the sls. Not a single new car! WTF! I was expecting the entire fucking fleet! This is beyond reasonable.

Look at the bmw’s no new cars besides the 135 or 07′m3 and z4 m coupe. Why isnt there ANY original M cars??? Why isnt there the original M3 for fucks sakes? Why isnt there the 3rd generation m5? Wanted to drive the m1 like me? Too bad! Why why why?

Why do you do german cars NO justice, Kazunori Yamauchi?
    Yet ame HUNDREDS of retarded asain cars NO ONE outside of asia wants to use? ELIMINATE ALL thoses retarded lightweight cars, they are stupid and a waste of money.

There are NO new american cars except the new camero and the zr1 and current gen mustang. NONE. Unless you count the redesigned P.O.S. nascar stock cars. I mean america only had a displacement revolution since GT4 but hey dont include a sing hemi chrysler/dodge besides that retarded truck making a come back from gt4.

In fact every retarded car that pissed you off in GT4 is BACK!

I can think of an EASY 150 awesome cars that have come out since GT4 any GT5 doesnt have ANY of them in there. I mean they still have 75 hondas 100 mitsubishi evo’s and 500 skylines but…….

WHERE THE FUCK IS ALL THE SO MUCH MORE AWESOME GERMAN AND AMERICAN CARS?

Coming from someone who bought 5 damn copies of GT4 because my ps2 would burn rings in them from so much play….I’m not buying GT5. TO MAKE THINGS EVEN FUNNIER YOU CANT EVEN PLAY ALL THESE UTTER RETARDED CARS IN INTERIOR VIEW MODE! ONLY 250 OR SO!!!! LMFAO!

This is what took Kazunori Yamauchi 20 years to recode into PS3. Its the SAME game as GT4 but with A FEW awesome ferraris and lamborghinis. Thats it. Thats what this guy did for the last 6 years. This utter slap in the face to all the fans that have been waiting for oh so long.

Thanks Kazunori Yamauchi, go play with a wood chipper.

Hey SCEA if you want someone that could really bring this series back please get in touch, I have many ideas that Kazunori Yamauchi refuses to implement that ALL players want.

BTW= with the giant emergence of the luxary tuner industry why is there not a SINGLE ultra luxory tuner car? I was expecting an entire brabus and hammond renntech section BUT OF COURSE not a single one. Hell there hasnt been a new ruf car added since GT3 and only ONE zonda added since GT3. This is a fucking JOKE!

43. Sardauk

Wow.. wayyyyyy to much cheap Japanese cars .. urgh…

44. XDamage