PSP2 is codenamed “Veta”

Thursday, 28th October 2010 20:51 GMT By Patrick Garratt

veta

What do you want veta do about it? Not funny?

Multiple sources have confirmed to VG247 that PSP2 is currently codenamed “Veta”.

Apparently the name has been picked to disguise the fact that every man and his dog is currently putting together software for the machine. It doesn’t appear to be working.

We’ve also been told the Sony is deliberately spreading misinformation about PSP2 in order to identify where leaks are emerging. Considering your mother probably knows someone who’s seen a kit first-hand, we’re going to wish the Sony bods luck with that.

PSP2 was only tonight pegged as a console with potentially twice as much RAM as an Xbox 360 in a Kotaku report.

The piece included a lot of information that’s already been reported, such as the fact the console eschews physical media and has a trackpad on its back.

The device is believed to be HD – obviously – and have a screen in the 5-6″ region.

Multiple reports have now pegged PSP2 for a late 2011 launch.

[Pic]

1. Razor

“We’ve also been told the Sony is deliberately spreading misinformation about PSP2 in order to identify where leaks are emerging.”

Oooo…I like it…

EDIT: Also, as someone on GAF points out, that probably means Kotaku’s source will get fired.

There’s no way the PSP2 is having what Kotaku said.

2. Erthazus

I’m sure that we will see a final PSP 2 thing before E3. someone will make a photo of it in the end. :(

3. Lazerate

What do you want veta do about it? ive heard something like this before?

4. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Please bring it Sony, I’m in the market for a new gaming handheld and I’ve got my eye on either 3DS or PSP2…

5. 2plus2equals5

BigBrother is watching you! Mmmmm… No it’s wrong.
    Stay alert spy! Sony is watching you!

Could this mean that kotaku’s information are wrong?

6. Moonwalker1982

I didn’t work for PSP, so exactly why would it work for PSP2 now then? I see nothing to get excited about, with the upcoming 3DS, they have alot to prove too. I wish them good luck.

7. onlineatron

Ok, I’m hyped… ANNOUNCE IT ALREADY SONY!!!

I don’t mind being disappointed, I’m used to it with you this generation Sony, it’s the waiting I can’t stand!!

8. Spiral

I read that as Vera at first. That would have been an awesome name.

9. Joe Anderson

This machine sounds awesome, you veta believe it.

10. LePlatypus

If Sony says ‘leaks’ then isn’t that kinda confirming it?

11. onlineatron

What information do you think is information Sony has spread as red herrings?

I wouldn’t be surprised if we the device doesn’t have touch controls on the back.

12. RETARDED VIKING

It’s an MS spy trying to sabotage the project…….or Apple :o

13. undeadwolfy

Meh as long as its codename and not retail name its all good.

PSP Veta…doesnt sound right lol

14. 2plus2equals5

@11:
    touchpad is an old rumor, it’s absolutely true for me.
    Obviously the most suspicious rumor is the last one, but i don’t think it’s a complete fake.

@6: remember that psp was a newcomer that started by 0, ds started with 80+ millions gba users. Only nintendo fanboys ignore this important point, don’t make the same mistake ;)

This generation will be different, nintendo will win again, but with a lot smaller advantage ;)

15. onlineatron

I think that’s unfair.

The PSP started with the MOTHERFUCKING PLAYSTATION BRAND!

Released in the height of the PS2s popularity as well, that gave a massive boost in sales initially due to brand awareness.

16. 2plus2equals5

@15:
    it’s not unfair at all.
    First of all, psp had ps brand, a brand that never had portable consoles, ds had nintendo brand that made a lot of(almost equal) portable consoles, it’s a great difference.
    Second, i bought a psp and then a ps3, not a 360 or a wii, and i’m waiting for the psp2. What most of the 80+ millions of gba owners bought? Psp or ds? ;)

17. lexph3re

I bought a. Ds first then I bought the ds lite after my lite broke by falling off the arm of my couch onto carpet I then bought the ds lite black. Then I bought a psp used the. Wifi on it was broke so I bought a slim… after that I sold my pokemon and gave my ds to my niece. And I’m never. Buying a ds again

18. freedoms_stain

So often we have to deal with people who have a stunning disregard for punctuation here on the internet, but it seems we have hit upon a fan of excessive unnecessary punctuation.

Bravo lexph3re, championing the cause!

19. Crysis

The only reason for me to buy a Nintendo portable is because of their Pokemon games, but even that fad is dieing for me.
    The psp is a far superior device so i’m hyped for the psp2, let’s hope that Sony manages to prevent piracy long enough to bring in some 3rd party AAA games, i really enjoyed the GTA spin offs on the psp (except China town wars), let’s hope we get San Andreas stories as a launch title :D.
    I do not care about the specs, as long as there are great games which i enjoy for it, but PSN needs a large improvement, such as a truckload of new minis & full ps2/psp/ps1 playback, a few PS3 ports would also be great, though i would expect somewhere between xbox & wii quality, i would still be excited.

20. lexph3re

@Freedomstain my phone does extra periods when it malfunctions and I generally don’t feel like fixing it so I don’t. Thank you for being a dick. Also, I will except that award. *YOINK*

21. LOLshock94

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please can some answer this question and i will stop posting annoying shit on walls

can i play starcraft 2 on directX 11 on high????