Metro 2033 is over a fiver in THQ Steam sale

Thursday, 28th October 2010 07:49 GMT By Johnny Cullen

metro2033

You like free? This isn’t free, but it’s the next best option: it’s insanely cheap.

As part of its Steam sale, THQ’s gutted the price of Metro 2033 for PC to just over a fiver, costing £6.12 at 66 percent off from £17.99.

You can pick up the 4A horror shooter here.

Thanks, Shack.

1. Old MacDonald

This game is awesome. The actual shooting mechanics can feel a bit awkward, but as soon as you get over that, it’s quite an experience.

2. Dralen

Damn you steam and your stupidly cheap deals.

3. endgame

10.2 euros on the mainland. but I still have tons of games I haven’t played even once so I’ll pass.

4. freedoms_stain

*bump* You can still get this.

The game is a masterpiece. If you can run it, get it.

5. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Really that good? I’ll have to grab it tonight. I miss having a good FPS to play on my PC.

6. freedoms_stain

I loved it man. It’s not just a shooting gallery like so many FPS games, the story is really good (based on a Russian novel, I haven’t read it, but I’ve heard it’s a good adaptation).

The atmosphere they’ve created is truly impressive. It’s dark and oppressive in the tunnels, you feel like you should creep around everywhere because you don’t know what’s coming next.

Gotta love the gas mask sections too, really heightens the tension with the breathing, the visor gets fogged and iced up and cracks if enemies hit you, restricting your vision, upping the tension more.

I also liked the ammo management, military grade ammo is way more effective than the dirty stuff, but you need the military grade to buy better kit, need to strike a balance, or get good with the dirty stuff.

7. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Cool. Think I’ll be picking up tonight for sure then! Thanks man! Been wanting to take my GTX465 out for a spin lately anyways

8. freedoms_stain

It’s totally worth £6. If my gpu was up to it I’d be all over this, even though I’ve completed it with both ending6 on 360.

8600GTS, your time has been and gone my friend.

9. DuckOfDestiny

I’m sold.

Didn’t have enough money to buy it when it was released, but six squid? I’m in there.

Fuck me, I love Steam.