Konami planning Castlevania: Lords of Shadow PS3 patch

Thursday, 14th October 2010 11:34 GMT By Johnny Cullen

castlevaniaf

Konami’s confirmed it’s planning to release a PS3 patch of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

The patch will fix the save corrupt bug which has affected players, where at startup, a message reads “Save file corrupt, will now overwrite, press X to continue.”

Needless to say, press X and you’re in a world of trouble.

Konami tweeted last night a patch to combat the problem is en route:

Fear not, Vampire Killers. A patch for the PS3 save issue affecting Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is incoming. We’ll update on availability.”

Thanks, Joystiq.

1. Psychotech

the are also a few reports on the same issue on the 360 as well,what about that?
    I backed up my save file just in case.

2. Lord Gremlin

There is indeed a similar issue on 360, but on 360 saves are not corrupted forever – you can restart the game and load them. While on PS3 saves are lost completely. Hence the patch.

3. Gheritt White

Tonka…

4. spiderLAW

I want Michael to look at the picture above.
    Thats the Titan that is supposed to be made up of Stone, Rock, Rubble and yet she looks extremely plastic like bump mapping (rock texturing). I am not trying to argue Michael,the picture just reminded me of what you said about Castlevania not looking plastic to you so i pointed it out is all.

5. The Hindle

Really good game is this, bloody long though im at the end of chapter 5 and still no way near the end.

6. lexph3re

Yeah I haven’t come across this problem and I’m done with the game. Very good execution but I see where it could have been 10x better on the graphical part. Still very good gameplay I suggest it. I would give it a 8.5/10 just because I know the capabilities of graphics now

7. spiderLAW

Graphics were really good but they wasted rendering power on the gloss that infected the entire game no matter the object/material being renedered. Wolves hair shouldnt look like its made of glass.
    If they cut out the layering of that gloss they could have used the extra rendering power to make the textures better (Gabriels clothing for example). I loved the polygon work thought, they did a good job there.

8. abnormal alan

I dont like how Gabriel runs there’s just something about it

9. lexph3re

Yeah a lot of the gloss was overdone. Mainly, because its raining half the time.lol. but I liked how hell was interpreted, that had a nice grainy lookto it