Latest GI issue unleashes tons of new Resistance 3 details

Wednesday, 13th October 2010 09:20 GMT By Debabrata Nath

resistance3

The latest issue of Game Informer has dropped a ton of new Resistance 3 details.

The most notable among them is the return of the Weapon Wheel, as per this NeoGAF post.

As recently leaked screenshots suggested, Capelli has started a family with Hale’s stepsister Susan, and plays the game’s lead role.

A co-op campaign is included, but it won’t feature alternate story sections as it did in Resistance 2.

We’ve collected everything for you below.

• Weapon Wheel returns.
  • Capelli has started a family with Susan.
  • Co-op confirmed, but there’ll be no alternate story co-op as in Resistance 2.
  • African Prison is one of the included maps.
  • The world is changing in R3; Chimeran plant life explodes when shot.
  • AI will be smarter.
  • Capelli can climb over walls and through windows.
  • Longs Legs will be jumping from roof to roof trying to shoot you down.
  • A new weapon called the Mutator shoots biological mists, causing boils and other injuries to enemies, which makes them explode causing splash damage.
  • Bullseye, Magnum, Shotgun, Auger and Carbine are all coming back.
  • Weapons can be upgraded, and will become better the more you use them.
  • Grenades are shaped like food cans and are full of nails.
  • Vaccine might be able to cure the Chimeran virus.
  • Humans have turned to cannibalism due to lack of food.
  • Capelli is trying to save his son and has some “other” unknown mission.
  • He is joined by Malikov and they go to New York, St Louis and other locales.
  • The team wants to make online play more organized and less clustered than the 60-player matches in R2.
  • Ted Price handed the reigns to Marcus Smith for a lot of the game’s work

You can view first screens here and GI’s cover art here.

Resistance 3 will be out sometime in 2011.

1. Johnny Cullen

I am so hot for this game right now. I really can’t wait.

2. Psychotech

sounds like they’re working on something a lot better than the previous two.Interesting

3. Debabrata Nath

I have feeling…this is going to be good! :D

4. manamana

“Humans have turned to cannibalism due to lack of food.” now thats a good one, lol.

5. Gekidami

Weapon wheel is back? Well i guess that makes sense if you can upgrade weapons but i hope in MP its more limited.

6. ExclusivesMostly

Yeah this should be the best Resistance game yet.

7. reema

This looks really good. Yesh I am excited

8. DuckOfDestiny

I’m glad the weapon wheel is back. I prefer the more old skool feel it brought to the first game.

9. lexph3re

I likey book of eli meets resistance lol

10. b163oi

Does anyone still play R2 MP? Worth picking back up?

11. LOLshock94

how can this be better? sounds like they have changed nothing accept the area they are in and added one gun

12. OlderGamer

Not to be an ass, but it really can’t help but be better then the first two games. They were underwhelming to say the lest.

13. reask

I quite enjoyed 2 sp actually.
    Didn’t like multi at all.

14. OlderGamer

To be fair, that is where I placed the bulk of my opinion of the first two games. In the MP. I saw them as trying to be me too Halo games(little darker themed, but still). But they never could compete, esp in the online space.

I honestly don’t expect that to change much going forward. Too many big name franchises entrenched online already. Halo and CoD being the biggest.

If they build an amazing SP experience that could help. But the SP doesn’t drive sales these days. All I am saying.

15. reask

tbh I just couldn’t get my head around the multi I mean most games I will hold my own but R2 was impossible for me.

I know some players were great but I just couldn’t cut it for some reason.
    I eventually just gave up trying.

16. Isaaclarke37

Alot of interesting news.