Tenacious D to close out Blizzcon 2010

Monday, 11th October 2010 16:15 GMT By Johnny Cullen

tenacious d

Activision’s announced Tenacious D will close out this year’s Blizzcon.

The duo, actor and Brutal Legend VO Jack Black and Kyle Gass, will play at the closing ceremony of the event, which will take place on October 23.

“The best way to wrap up two days of epic entertainment is with an epic rock concert–and few bands fit the bill like Tenacious D,” said Blizzard boss Mike Morhaime.

“We’re looking forward to a great show and can’t wait to see what Jack and Kyle have in store for everyone attending BlizzCon and watching from home.”

Last year’s show was closed by Ozzy Osbourne, alas without biting a bat’s head off.

Blizzcon takes place in California between October 22-23.

1. DJ Deathstar

Suprising really considering Tribute is a song about their battle with the beast that is Kotick

2. onlineatron

Opinions on Tenacious D?

Mine?… I wish Jack Black would stop being Jack Black.

Seeing him perform more serious roles (Margot at the Wedding) is interesting, but when he goes full on Jack Black, like in Tenacious D, he annoys me no end.

3. Erthazus

I’m so jealous… Wowzer.

Blizzcon *_*

4. Michael O’Connor

Man, I can remember when Mike Morhaime didn’t sound like a complete corporate pussy and actually put some heart into messages like this.

5. Erthazus

@4 Blizzard changed a lot since they started a massive relationship with Activision.

6. M2Kx

“Opinions on Tenacious D?”

I <3 them :)

7. LOLshock94

fucking awesome

8. Massiveslag

9. Shokaku

What is that? They are known in USA only i think… ?

10. Gekidami

^ Pretty much. To my knowledge only one of their songs (Tribute) made it big outside of the US.

But honestly, they arent even that big in the US. Their main appeal is that Jack Black, the ‘sort of movie star’ is a part of the duo. I thought they’d packed this music stuff in ages ago, actually.