Direct-feed TGS Agito, Versus XIII clip now available

Friday, 8th October 2010 12:45 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Versus XIII

This just went nuclear.

Square Enix has released the Fabula Nova Crystallis video it showed off at Tokyo Game Show last month, featuring all new footage of Final Fantasy Agito XIII and Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

The footage was previously leaked via a camera that managed to record the video at Square’s booth. The publisher didn’t bring its Closed Mega Theatre to the show, but banned all filming of the video.

It also re-confirms a press conference that’s been teased by Square for the two titles. That’ll take place on January 11, 2011.

It’s the first direct-feed footage of Versus XIII since a new trailer was included in the Japanese demo of Final Fantasy XIII last April. This is Agito’s first showing in nearly two years.

No dates yet for PS3-exclusive Versus or PSP-only Agito. The two titles form part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis saga alongside FFXIII.

Thanks, SCRAWL.

1. Erthazus

For F Sake, something official from Square Enix.

Oh WOW, 10 seconds of FFXIII Versus and Agito trailer i’m EXCITED to BUY! Yes!11 Yes!11 Yeee…

Ok, excitement is over.

Versus looks like Fallout: New Vegas
    Agito looks interesting.

Next.

2. RETARDED VIKING

Wow not bad at first i thought Agito was gonna be another crisis core(HATED that game)but after this im glad i was wrong looks fun.Versus however looks interesting but i gotta see more.

3. Erthazus

I’m interested to see if there will be announcement that FFXIII versus is coming to the Xbox 360 :D

4. Razor

I think Versus looks great; screw what some haters say.

5. Tonka

They both look amazingly shit.

6. Psychotext

I think Versus looks shit; screw what some posters called Razor say.

7. Johnny Cullen

I could honestly watch this all day. Just for the Versus music.

Agito looks awesome. As for Versus, still need to see more, but the potential is definitely there.

I said it.

8. Razor

You’re not funny PT :P

9. Psychotext

\o/

10. Tonka

The potential of a clusterfuck is definitely in vs. As for Agito… it looks like a PSP game.

11. Moonwalker1982

It’s already gone.

12. OlderGamer

I missed the video, was it another CGI craptastic thingie? I am getting tired of those. Every time SQE puts out something like that they should be shot. It is just fodder for fanboys. Can’t play CGIs. Anyway getting ahead of myself….was it gameplay?

13. Psychotext

Some gameplay, but mostly running around a completely stale environment.

14. Michael O’Connor

@12 You know the deal O.G. Angsty teen with ridiculous hair looking longingly at nothing for no other reason than to draw in a legion of teenagers who couldn’t actually appreciate decent stories and characterisation if their life depended on it.

Armies whose soldiers are all teenagers with amazing powers and abilities. Does anyone ever consider just how ridiculous (and messed up) that concept has always been?

Awesome music that is wasted on such contrived nonsense.

I can honestly say, for the first time in my 21 years as a gamer, and my 15 plus years as a Final Fantasy fan, this is the first time I have ever been incapable of mustering excitement for the franchise.

15. DaMan

@Older its a several second mix of cgi and small portions of gameplay.

vs trailer definetely shows the potential of a generic overdramatic story about a boy going through a certain phase, with craploads of pseudointelligent babbling and angst. crappy music helps set the mood too.

will he be able to overcome all the obstacles and reach the puberty? you have to play a 60 hours game to find that out.

oh, and a great example of media doing Squenix marketing team’s job.

16. OlderGamer

Thanks guys. Kind of what I was thinking, too bad. They have a reall opertunity to retake the RPG world everytime one of their games comes out. But if they don’t start delivering soon, they may run out of opertunities. Cause at some point, one would think, gamers will stop carying.

17. Michael O’Connor

@16 “Cause at some point, one would think, gamers will stop caring.”

They haven’t already?

18. bluemanrule

Well, the video is completely inaccessible at this point. Is it availabe anywhere else?

19. Michael O’Connor

@18 It’s still available at the source link. Last link in the post.

20. Elven_Star

That was so awesome. Can’t wait for these games. Agito was one of the reasons I bought a PSP back in 2006. Versus looks pretty cool too. With the right storyline, this can’t go wrong.

21. Psychotech

OMG another Japanese RPG with a sissy boy teenager searching the meaning in life and existence OMG
    STFU do all games need to be to your liking douchebags?respect that others do like it.I don’t,but whatever

22. monu-mental

Guys, use this link:

It works fine.

23. 2plus2equals5

@tonka: probably because agito is a psp game! lol! ;)

Versus’ city fight looks like the hd version of the beginning of crisis core…

24. HighWindXIX

I find it really hard to be excited about either of these games. And I’m a huge, long time, Final Fantasy fan. Hell, I even liked FFXIII. But these both look like action RPGs and that just doesn’t sit well with me.

Someone needs to make a couple great JRGPs and soon otherwise I’m going over to the dark side . . . Western RPGs!!!

25. Phoenixblight

I find both games have a lot of potential. No turn base combat, thats at least a step in the right direction. I saw some gameplay which shows they are not just talking when they talk about the games. I will be keeping an eye on these games.

26. Hellhound30x

*sigh!* still waiting for a good final fantasy game Square… still waiting…. almost a decade now…

#26 1 year ago