Jack Thompson on Medal of Honor: gamers can “go to Hell”

Wednesday, 6th October 2010 07:06 GMT By Johnny Cullen

jack thompson

Jack Thompson is back. He’s protected “our culture.” Don’t believe him? “Go to Hell.”

The disbarred lawyer told Ripten in a statement that he had “won” following EA’s decision to rename the Taliban in Medal of Honor’s multiplayer to “Opposing Forces.”

“I win again, as usual,” said Thompson. “Any gamers who don’t think so and who don’t appreciate what I do to protect our culture can go to Hell.”

He continued:

“Any gamers that don’t know how to get to Hell on an expedited basis, let me know, and I’ll send along the cheat code to get there more quickly.”

Last time we checked, cheat codes were so 2004.

Becoming infamous for trying to ban Grand Theft Auto titles and calling violent games “murder simulators,” Thompson’s currently attempting to ban Medal of Honor from going on sale.

He’s even gone as far as asking US defense secretary Robert Gates for help, whilst also bashing US forces who had helped out in making the game (thanks, PC MAG).

“With all respect for everything else on your plate, but as someone who has represented the surviving family members of such video game-caused massacres, I personally urge you, as Secretary of Defense, to do what is necessary, proper, and legal to stop the release of Medal of Honor on October 12 on the basis that it poses a demonstrable danger to our troops by providing a training tool for those who wish to kill them,” he said.

“I would also strongly suggest that the Defense Department find out who these Special Ops people are who have acted so foolishly in this regard.”

Despite the Taliban name change, military stores still won’t stock the game, it was announced overnight.

Medal of Honor releases on Tuesday in the US for PS3, 360 and PC, with a UK release on Friday.

1. Johnny Cullen

*golf clap*

2. Phoenixblight

Wow this guy is still kicking up dust? I wonder why he was disbarred, could it because he doesn’t know what the fuck he is talking about?

3. Gekidami

Did he win, ‘as usual’ when he got disbarred? Or when GTA4 came out regardless of anything he said?

4. troyx

god i hope he bans every multiplayer shooter on the market so we can have more verity .

5. polygem

He’s named after a gun. Hypocritial man again. Capitalism is organized crime. The church is 80% gangsters. Meat is murder but christs arent even veggies though its ultra simple- keep on talikin about love and respect though. Old men farting about naming pixels taliban in a freaking game. Lol till death.

6. Freek

He had nothing to do with it what so ever. A british tabloid newspaper made a sleazy story and the US army had some objections. All that was changed was a menu option.

Nothing to do with a failed lawyer.

7. Robo_1

Win is the new fail folks…

Oh Jack, you total loon!

8. Freek

And while we’re at it, why is this guy flame bating like an insane 13 year old fanboy?
    Isn’t he supposed to represent “the moral high ground”?

9. Blerk

/taps side of head

10. Kuwabara

if this guy complains about gta5 when it comes out, i will send the taliban over to his house.

11. Thalius

This people are retard. They think that games cause violance.
    “Its not because people are fucked up in the head, its the games fault.” MORONS.

12. abnormal alan

last night i was playing Bioshock 2, think I might go out and murder some little girls seemed like a laugh in the game.

Also I bet he thought he was fucking hilarious when he threw out that cheat code line. Twat

13. L.O.R.D

Blame the game..

14. LordCancer

the problem with gamers is they are to used to shit talking… jt has called your bluffs… kill him already.

15. Hybridpsycho

DId he get butthurt while he was a kid? :O

16. LordCancer

@15 i doubt it, priest’s have been using spit for generations…

17. Psychotext

@16: I shouldn’t laugh, but I did. =/

Anyway, JT = Psychiatric case. Best that he doesn’t get the attention he so desperately seeks.

18. EscoBlades

Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right Start Select A B

Nope…sorry Jack. I just got Unlimited Lives :P

19. Erthazus

@15 He was bullied when he was a kid. Thats for sure.

20. LordCancer

@19 you sure he wasn’t the bully? cause he acts like it.

21. RETARDED VIKING

What a cunt waffle.

22. Lord Gremlin

@20 nah, typical: he was bullied back then and now he tries to make everybody pay for him being a pussy as a kid.

23. LordCancer

no i think he a was a bully who turned christian and now thinks hes better then everyone.

24. OlderGamer

I miss cheat codes.

They have been replaced with DLC.

25. Quiiick

Tali-ban Jack Thompson from talking to media outlets, so we don’t have to read all these moronic comments from stupid gamers on the interwebs anymore. Please …

26. freedoms_stain

Most people, when they don’t like something they just avoid it.

If you’re a right wing Christian American, if you don’t like something YOU MUST CAMPAIGN TO BAN THIS ABOMINATION SO THAT NO ONE MAY ENJOY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, on my list of places to avoid until they have a long long overdue cultural revolution.

27. Quiiick

@ freedoms_stain
    Right wing christian americans and the taliban are essentially the same:
    Opposing forces.

28. freedoms_stain

I thought you were going to go with cunts.

29. Quiiick

Ohh, didn’t I say that? ;-)

30. joshua nash

so he wants me to “go to hell”, well my reply “him first”

31. Johnny Cullen

R1, R2, L1, R2, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left.

Is that the cheat to Hell, Jack?

(that’s an actual cheat, btw. Anyone who figures the game out with that cheat without googling it gets a gold star)

32. LOLshock94

i thought he was advertising dantes inferno

33. Erthazus

@31 Grand Theft Auto: Vice City :lol:

34. spiderLAW

I say that all us U.S.A. citizens should go out and buy Medal of Honor to show this guy that he is a unbalanced, egotistical, wannabe dictator, moron that cant control our free will/freedom of speech and expression. I do think video games help cause violent behavior, but that behavior is already there and its because of the parents. You cant just blame the media when parents are the ones who are supposed to make sure their children know the true meaning of right and wrong.
    I grew up watching violent movies like Predator, Terminator, Commando (wow, fucking arnold), Rambo, Blood Sport, and others (and played plenty of violent games) but my parents taught me that these are just entertaining movies and that these actions in real life are wrong and should never be acted out. They made sure i knew what was right and wrong and constantly reminded me of the differences. I can truly say that i am the least violent man i know but also strong. I have been in fights, but it was always after the person antagonizing me struck first….anyways….
    back to the point, It comes down to the upbringing of a person (not necessarily by a legal guardian) that will determin how they will be in life. It doesnt make sense to blame media and entertainment for everything. It all comes down to what sort of balance is fed to a learning human being.

35. spiderLAW

I wouldnt know, i dont ever cheat -_-
    You should be ashamed of yourself sir :) lol….call yourself a gamer ppfffftttt….

I kid.

He isnt a real Christian anyways. If he was, he would see all people as better than himself (basically a humble attitude) and that free will was given by God and nobody is above that authorty to try and take it away (he wouldnt be trying to ban shit)

36. DSB

Could that guy be any more of a troll?

He’s basically going “Nanny nanny, ner ner”

What an idiot. Videogame-caused massacre… Training tool? Geezaz.

It’s not about being morally right or wrong, it’s about accomodating soldiers and their families.

37. LordCancer

im telling you he was a backyard psychopath he tortured gi joes, poisoned the neighbors cat and kicked over anthills.

38. AHA-Lambda

“Last time we checked, cheat codes were so 2004.”

you can thank dlc for that -_-

39. LordCancer

@35 you can debate semantics all you want but, those christians outside of military funerals with signs that say fags will burn in hell etc are christians. take one flip of the channels on cable tv and every other channel has an evangelist telling you to give them your money or your gonna burn in hell. catholic priest mollest and rape little boys. forgive me if i fail to see where the real christian is humble or even moral for that matter.

40. Michael O’Connor

@39 You need some perspective on the issue.

Those are not the average person. They are a just a very vocal minority.

41. stretch215

@39 read the Bible. The New Testament specifically. A “real” christian is supposed to be christ-like. As for the child molesters and bigots, there are deviant individuals in every social group, religious or not. Welcome to reality.

42. LordCancer

evangelist are a huge minority…. eddie long is just the latest to be accused of immoral gay relations all the while condemning it.

speaking of reality name one christian sect that isn’t hell bent on informing non believers of there imminent trip to hell.

america was founded by puritans that got off accusing and burning people as witches…

christ was a liar and a fraud and the bible written by third parties, “read it as if it has some implication” ha.

43. Michael O’Connor

@42 Bashing religion so passionately makes you little different to the people you’re talking about me. You’re forcibly pushing your personal outlook on people who don’t subscribe to your own viewpoint, and deriding them if they don’t follow it.

Most people are not like these extremists.

44. lexph3re

Ahh spoken like a humble man @43. The problem with a lot of people is they need something to hate or to find immorality in it. If a person can show me one form of government or religion that doesn’t have flaws I would concede my beliefs. Probably not, but still I would admire their dedication to finding something just over wicked. For the christian bashing apparently humble christians are on this page and not telling you all your going to hell. The word of God is a powerful weapon one that used wrongly can destroy billions. And its apparent everyday. This guy thoughis a prime example of a person who doesn’t care about others but himself. The taliban are human as much as the army and not all of them willingly want to kill us but follow orders and their belief. Can you hate someone for dying for what they believe? E.A needs to change it back to Taliban military bases already said its not taking MoH anyways so change it back.

45. LordCancer

@43 how can one not feel threatened by a belief that threatens others? those extremist you call them get there religion from the same book. comparing me to the radical elements is unfair when im born into a society that is so intolerant of differing viewpoints. im not on tv defrauding weak minded people with the promise of miracle healing or checks in the mail and i certainly never raped or killed anyone. how exactly do you rationalize to those who have ever been victimized by a religious fanatic? “oh thats not how most of us are” yeah sure thats comforting.

46. Michael O’Connor

@44 Thank you.

@45 And you seem to continue to miss the point that these extremists are a vocal minority, not the norm.

There are billions of people who choose to believe in any of the many religions around the world and have never harmed a soul. Many of them are Christians.

Coming from Ireland, I am more than familiar with people who have been victimised by religious fanaticism. That doesn’t mean I’m going to criminalise normal, decent people just because they choose to have a faith different to my own.

Your behaviour is no different to the evangelists you’re criminalising.

47. SplatteredHouse

“My children… from the very beginning, it was the gaming media who gave me my power. The outspoken attention seeking fallen attorney, that’s what they called me. My reign of terror was legendary. Dozens of gamers misunderstood attitudes would fall by my “moral position”. Then the parents of the games came for me… When I was around, I might have been a little naughty, but after they silenced me, I became something much, much worse. The stuff nightmares are made of. The gamers secretly still feared me, and their fear gave me the power to invade their articles, and that’s when the fun REALLY began. Until they figured out a way to forget about me. To erase me completely. Being dead wasn’t a problem, but being forgotten, now that’s a BITCH. I CAN’T COME BACK IF NOBODY REMEMBERS ME.”

At least Freddy deserves a sequel.

48. spiderLAW

Wow. This thread got really deep without me even knowing

@41 Thank you for explaining the point i was trying to make. I have brain farts from stress so its hard for me to say what i actually mean (happening right now as i write this)

@44 Well said my friend.

You sir have made very good points and i am glad to know you are who you are.

@ LordCancer.
    The people you described are not real Christians. They are a minority of human beings that have no self control and they use the word of God as a weapon of power instead of what it was meant for, enlightenment. Christianity came from Christ himself. No where in the New Testament does Jesus ever make a stand for hate against anyone or anything. All these so called “Christians” that parade around spreading hate against everything they don’t like are doing exactly the opposite of what Jesus taught, therefore they are not truly Christ-ians.
    I also learned from reading that Bible that even though you called Jesus and his disciples liars, he will forgive that and allow you entrance into the Kingdom of Heaven if you do is ask when the time comes for you to make that decision. That’s the exact reason why he sacrificed himself and why his Father gave him to the World. You don’t have to believe any of that and I wouldn’t ever have the idea of forcing the idea into your mind, but I am just letting you know, that even though you have no faith in him, I believe he has faith in you.
    “Real” Christians are Loving, Caring, Compassionate, forgiving, humble, and light hearted people as to what Jesus teaches us to be in the New Testament. Also, one of the most important part of the Bible that Real Christian understand is that God clearly states that he gave us FREE WILL. We understand that its by his authority that free will was given and we are not to challenge his authority. So real Christians offer help, forgiveness, and love to those that don’t understand these things and we do it without prosecution and disrespect. Those people that go against that truly aren’t Christians until they go back, read the Bible for its real message, and act accordingly.

If I were one of those so called Christians you described, I would have told you that you would burn in hell for your sins and you need to repent now or God will strike you down. But then I wouldn’t be a real Christian because I would be going against Jesus’ teachings.

But hey man, i have nothing against you and your beliefs. You keep on doin what your doin, but please just respect others.