Check out the first 15 minutes of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Wednesday, 6th October 2010 20:05 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

los

Interested in watching the first fifteen minutes of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow? You’re in luck, then, because we’ve got exactly that posted below the break for you.

The game’s out now in the US for both Xbox 360 and PS3, and there’s also demos available for both should the video not convince you it’s worth trying out.

Reviews have been rather kind to the action title as well.

Europe gets it tomorrow, and UK’ers can purchase it on Friday.

1. Psychotech

the first 3 levels do injustice to the whole game.These are the first 2 in the video which are the same with the demo.The game really unfolds into something a LOT better afterwards.You should have put a gameplay video from a level aside from the 2 they were on the demo.

2. Dr.Ghettoblaster

I whole-heartedly concur

3. Dralen

Only just realised that’s Robert Carlyle’s voice as Gabriel!

4. lexph3re

Lol I just got to the first boss I completely disagree with similarities to GoW although the genre is identical the execution is not. And besides I’m having fun with all these latino accents!lmao good game but hilarious voice acting! The enchanted horse was enough to make me burst out in laughter!lol

5. osric90

The demo sucks… But I’m really looking forward to buy the game.

6. Patrick Garratt

I played on a few hours into this yesterday. It does change a lot after the first few levels. The combat’s pretty “GOWie” but the level design, camera angles, etc, make it feel far more like an adventure game. It’s pretty good, tbh.

7. theritram

I just got to the end of Chapter 3, having just picked up this baby yesterday, and like the guys above, the demo really doesn’t do the game justice.

The cinematic camera angles, the fast-paced battles and the great voice work makes the game a definite must play.

I hate the fact the game is compared to GoW, but hell when you have a game that revamps the whole hack-n-slash genre, I guess that’s just what happens.

I also think it’s neat it’s really tied to the series :3 And they said it wasn’t.

8. Blerk

Is the quality of the voice-over in the full game better than it was in the demo? Because it was bloody awful there.

9. SplatteredHouse

It strikes me as more of an adventure game, with a strategy-tied combat element, than these (lazy, tiresome) GoW clone accusations that have been appearing in some places.

10. Psychotech

Patrick Stewart does a very good job as the narrator and one of the main characters of the story.Gabriel’s voice acting is nice too but like @4 poster mentioned besides that the horse felt out of place imo it sounds awful.The good part is that you will rarely hear any corny lines that you get to hear all the time in most games these days.
    Bottom line the voice acting isn’t top notch but it’s very good and puts you right into the story.

11. Moonwalker1982

Exactly, i’m playing it now. I’m at the part after the first real boss, i think he can be considered a real boss. The cutscenes are awesome and i love the characters so far, and the voice acting is fine in my opinion. Ok so the horse wasn’t that special,lol.