FIFA 11’s easily taken the number one spot in this week’s UK charts, while also enjoying the third biggest launch in UK history.
This year’s title overthrew FIFA 10 to become the third biggest launch ever in the UK, short of Modern Warfare 2 and GTA IV.
Unit sales are up on last year’s FIFA by 21 percent, while revenue sales are up by 36 percent, with 360 being the winning platform ahead of PS3, despite a PlayStation-led ad campaign from EA in the UK.
Sales on both platforms were up from last year, however.
F1 2010 slipped into second, while Dead Rising 2 was third. Halo: Reach and Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock finish off the top five.
The top ten for the week ending October 2 is below. Last week’s data is here.
- FIFA 11 (EA Sports, EA)
- F1 2010 (Codemasters Birmingham, Codemasters)
- Dead Rising 2 (Blue Castle Games, Capcom)
- Halo: Reach (Bungie, Microsoft Games Studios)
- Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (Neversoft, Activision Blizzard)
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 (EA Sports, EA)
- Sports Champions (Zindagi Games, Sony Computer Entertainment)
- Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
- Toy Story 3 (N-Space, Disney Interactive Studios)
- Civilization v (Firaxis Studios, 2K Games)
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.