Medal of Honor system requirements released

Saturday, 25th September 2010 15:59 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

moh

EA’s released the minimum and required PC specs needed to run Medal of Honor on your rig.

Get ‘em below.

Minimum Configuration:

• OS – Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7
  • Processor – Pentium D, 3.2GHz / Core 2 Duo, 2.0GHz / Athlon 64 X2
  • Memory – 2GB RAM
  • Video Card – Video card must be 256MB or more and contain these chipsets or better: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT ; ATI X1900. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required.
  • HDD Space – 9GB
  • Soundcard – Soundcard with DirectX 9.0c compatibility
  • DirectX – DirectX 9.0c
  • Disc Drive – 8x or faster CD/DVD Drive

Recommended:

• OS – Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7
  • Processor – QuadCore 2.0Ghz
  • Memory – 2GB RAM+
  • Video Card – A video card with 512MB of VRAM and one of the following chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce GTX260; ATI Raedeon 4870
  • HDD Space – 9GB
  • Soundcard – Soundcard with DirectX 10 compatibility
  • DirectX – DirectX 10
  • Disc Drive – 16X CD/DVD Drive

Nothing special needed really. Then again, you may have a 4GB Hewlett Packard circa 1998 in your house. In that case, we feel for you.

A PC beta for MOH goes live on October 4 and will run until October 7. Get more on that here, and sign up for it here.

Medal of Honor releases on October 12 in the US, and October 15 in the UK for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.

Thanks, EvilAvatar.

1. Yoshi

OS – Windows XP (SP3)
    Son of a bitch XD
    I really should upgrade lol

2. Stephany Nunneley

@1 I am still on SP2 on my PC, Yoshi. I am just too lazy to do it manually is all.

3. spiderLAW

how can you be a PC gamer and be on SP2?
    thats a big WHUH?

4. macronia

same as BFBC2 .. it is fine

5. Stephany Nunneley

@3 What does my OS have anything to do with it? I have Vista on my laptop, and personally I like XP much better than Vitsa.Some of us can’t afford Windows 7 just yet ya know.

I spent all my PC upgrade funds getting a solid state drive, a quad core possessor, a ATI Radeon HD5970 card, a motherboard, my G15 Logitech keyboard (the steelseries is now in the trash) and over 2TB of memory for it. I also still have my old 250GB hard drive for all the crap I save, and not to mention the 22″ HD monitor (which I have yet to get because I am not suppose to know about it).

So, what else doesn’t make me “a PC gamer”?

6. RoarrrUK

@Stephany Nunneley – Spider’s statement was fairly flipant, let’s not get all worked up over it.

If you have a 5970 and a SSD, 2TB??? then usually you have enough £ for windows 7.

7. DSB

@5 Buying an ATI card.

… I had to do that. I HAD to do it.

8. Stephany Nunneley

@6 Yeah, you’re right. I shouldn’t. I just hear that a lot from certain people, mostly a male I play online with -maybe he’s just chauvinistic. Dunno. 90% of the people I play online with are male, so I get some grief from time to time, so I shouldn’t have taken that as an affront. I like spiderLaw very much :)

And no, I guess I “could” have afforded it, but mind you I bought all that months ago, and the other person with financial say in the house didn’t want to spend the extra money at the time for the OS upgrade because he didn’t think we needed it. So, my friend who is studying to be computer engineer took the rig home and did some sort of work around for XP for me. Now, 5 months later, I honestly can’t afford it to buy it. I got all of my PC guts for less than $1200 thanks to bundles along with instant and mail-in rebates. I’ll get W7 after the new year, so I can make use of DX11 and my lovely monitor (which I am technically not suppose to know about yet). But until then, XP is fine.

9. NoxNoctisUmbra

Either the PC specs, or a 300 dollar PS3 console, sure you wont have the graphics, but will run just as good.

10. Hunam

When you say 2TB of memory, do you mean ram or HDD space… because 2TB ram is kinda impossible…

Windows 7 is pretty awesome though. Vista was garbage and XP was amazing, but it’s showing it’s age now… and it can’t play Just Cause 2.

It’s also worth noting the MP will chug tons more than the SP. UE3 is super light these days, but Frostbite is still a behemoth.

11. Stephany Nunneley

@10 HDD space of course :) I never get rid of anything. Ever. (insert scary cackling here)

12. Yoshi

Well I don’t have enough money to pay £100+ for Windows 7 :(
    I should get SP3 while I wait though I guess.

13. Hunam

I got my Windows 7 via university though, so it was free.

Well… aside from the £18K student loan. But that’s not real debt right?

14. spiderLAW

@ Steph
    I meant nothing by it. I was joking. Internet sucks for that reason i guess.
    Your angry reply was a fun read though.
    But I am sorry. I didnt mean to make you angry. It was just a joke.
    You are probably more of a PC gamer than i am anyways.

I figured you would have upgraded to service pack 3 by now though. I’snt it free to upgrade or am i missing something?
    I perfer XP over Vista and Windows 7 too BTW.

You are in Cali too right? Ever get all stressed out too much, just hit me up and i’ll split a Bowl with you. Best stress reliever.
    LOL, J/k again

15. Callum

Lol steph, you got the crazies woman!

Also, windows 7 is a fucking wicked OS. Neeeee problems with it so far.

ALTHO one of my games it just doesnt like…I think maybe i fucked up the window handling code or something…but it just minimises on launch occasionally. Anyway, Windows 7 ftw…what game are we talking about?

16. Droid

Which OS works best for you is a personal opinion obviously, but does XP do DirectX 11 now? I thought it was only Win7 did DX11. So for newer games I’d imagine you were missing out on quite a bit graphically by still using XP.

17. freedoms_stain

XP can’t do DX10 or 11 and never will.

18. Stephany Nunneley

@17 is right. Just DX9. Well, there was no sense in getting an OS with DX11 if I still had a non-HD monitor. Maybe I will ask for it for X-mas since I think the upgrade deal is done and dusted on that end from MS.

@14 No, I am the one sorry. And no, I am not in Cali but I’d have a beer while you had, whatever it is you’re having :D

BUT as far as MOH is concerned, this is something I am seriously considering getting. Not HUGE on a war shooters, but it appeals to me for some reason.

19. LordCancer

theres only been a few dx10/11 only games. i recently upgraded to windows 7. an oem license is only $90 bucks. “only”.

20. Yoshi

If I was going to update to Windows 7, I would also have to keep a partition just with XP on, I’m used to it that much :P Plus then I can still play some older games :)

By the way is it better to buy the upgrade to Windows 7 or the full new version?

@Steph Yeh i’m the same, even though I’ve got BFBC2 though this appeals to me plus hopfully i’ll be able to get MOH for free because I was unfortunate to buy APB.

21. LordCancer

its best to buy the full retail copy if you can afford it. if your trying to keep windows xp an upgrade will overwrite it.

22. Yoshi

@21 Thanks, I found this store/website that sells all kinds of software/hardware etc and they have Windows at the best prices, just need to research them now. Hopfully they are genuine because those prices are pretty awesome for Windows.

BTW If anyone is wanting SP3, I believe you can download it for free at the Microsoft Windows website.

23. LordCancer

those look like oem license. never herd of the site. i kinda want to jump on the xp disc at $50 myself.

24. Yoshi

Yeh I was thinking of buying XP SP2 Pro and Windows7 Pro :P
    Same i’ve not heard of the site before so thats why i’ll check it out before I buy.

25. Yoshi

Heres some reviews for that website. http://www1.pricewatch.com/public/feedback.aspx?q=5339&i=1

26. LordCancer