MS: Sign up for a chance to participate in Xbox 360 System Update Preview Program

Wednesday, 22nd September 2010 20:17 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

xbl_avatars

Microsoft has announced a Xbox 360 System Update Preview Program for the next release, and you have a chance to participate in it.

The Preview Program gives folks the chance to check out “ESPN on Xbox Live, Zune music, Netflix search, the new dashboard, and new updates to Zune video and Family Settings”, said Major Nelson.

To get in on it, check out the Microsoft Connect here and sign in with your Windows Live ID that’s connected to your XBLGamertag.

You will then be asked to fill out a survey, and after you finish you will be notified immediately whethr or ot you were selected to participate in the Preview Program.

Here’s some extra details on the Preview/Survey per Microsoft:

• We’re looking for multiple thousands of participants, so your chances of making it in are good.
  • This is not for Kinect. You will not be receiving a Kinect sensor if you are chosen to participate.
  • This opportunity is open to all Xbox Live Members in regions where Xbox Live is available.
  • To avoid any problems, read the survey carefully and double check all the information you provided.
  • While both Gold and Silver members can sign up, priority will be given to Gold members in the selection process.

You can sign up for it here.

1. Hcw87

Be aware that voicechat isn’t possible with anyone on your friendlist that aren’t participating in this program. I backed out as soon as i saw that.

2. freedoms_stain

They’d have to pay me to sacrifice stability and voicechat for that pish list of updates.

3. LePlatypus

@1 incorrect. Game chat is fine but anything else involving voice is gone

4. Hcw87

That’s what i mean. You can’t party up or start a voice chat with someone on your Friendlist if they don’t participate aswell.

5. Psychotext

I have to agree, normally I do these but not this time.

6. DSB

Steph, you guys should really check out the news thread every once in a while. The GOG.com thing has been confirmed as a hoax.

Personally I think that’s more interesting than Microsoft doing software testing.

7. Stephany Nunneley

Actually DSB, I had that on the doc yesterday, but was waiting on GoG’s official announcement today before posting anything. I figured yesterday, like most folks, what the deal really was, but after the whole Monk thing earlier today? …. I just couldn’t promote such a stunt. :/

8. daytripper

i’ve just been accepted

9. LePlatypus

@8 I was accepted a month ago, big mistake you’ll miss party chat

10. DSB

@7 Hahaha. Oh I see. I support that completely.

Polish humor needs to be ignored, not indulged like that.

11. daytripper

not when i’m playing single player games like castlevania and enslaved i wont miss it, some of my friends who are on live talk absolute garbage most of the time anyway

12. Stephany Nunneley

@10 Hey. My great-great-grandpaw was Polish and had a lovely sense of humor. or so I was told. He died in 1920 :)

(just pulling your arm a bit for fun)

Plus, I absolutely love the guys at CD Projekt Red. Always have. ;)

13. Blerk

I… think I’ll just wait.

14. justiceblob

This update would be almost entirely pointless for anyone outside the US, unless you are addicted to being first/have no people to talk to on XBL/likes analysing a very slightly updated UI in excrutiating detail.

15. cookiejar

@14 You’ve sold it to me! Im in!