Top Spin 4 coming next year for 360, PC and PS3

Tuesday, 7th September 2010 14:52 GMT By Johnny Cullen

tennis

2K’s announced Top Spin 4 is in development for a 2011 ship.

The tennis title is due to hit PS3, 360 and PC next year, and will feature tennis legend Andre Agassi for anyone who pre-orders the game on PS3 and 360. We’re assuming this means there’s no Andre for you if you don’t pre-order. That kind of sucks.

Details will come soon from 2K.

The game’s in development at 2K Czech, with the last game in the series being Top Spin 3 in 2008.

“Top Spin 4 is shaping up to be the most realistic and exhilarating tennis game in the Top Spin franchise,” said 2K’s Greg Thomas.

“For this iteration, the development team is focused on delivering a bold new take on the sport of tennis by allowing gamers to experience first-hand an uncanny level of realism in the player and stadium models, authentic audio captured directly from real tennis matches, and all-new innovative controls to dominate the competition.”

1. onlineatron

It’s coming to 360 twice as hard?

2. A4-F8

ps3, PC and ps3 you mean

3. onlineatron

I’m pretty sure it’s coming to PC, PC and Mac.

4. Patrick Garratt

God. Hang on.

5. Patrick Garratt

There. Ta.

6. onlineatron

FUCK

Enough joking.

This guy is a hero: http://www.destructoid.com/relic-designer-killed-saving-family-in-car-accident-183263.phtml

7. cookiejar

Wonder if it’ll get Move support?

8. Harry

Doesn’t the press release say PS3, X360 and Wii?

9. theevilaires

I think all tennis games will have MOVE support from now on. Its a bonus selling point. Don’t forget you can use a real tennis racket with NATAL when the camera scans it ;)

10. AHA-Lambda

@6 – ;_;

11. Johnny Cullen

@1, 2 – I have a very bad cold. I’m blaming it on that.

12. mojo

9. oh that will be fun.
    A Wii Controller is one thing. a tennis racket is another.
    I can see lotrs of damaged interiuer.

13. coolhero

i wait it

14. Petulant Radish

Neurghthwunk…..ooooonghthwunk…..neurghtwhunk….ooooonghthwunk….neurghthwunk….ooonghooooooout.

15. freedoms_stain

I really enjoyed TS3, excellent tennis sim, 100x better than Virtua Tennis 2009 IMO.

If they can implement a better more realistic career mode for TS4 it would be awesome.

16. CnD

Press release makes no mention of a PC version. It’s coming to PS3, 360, and Wii.

17. loki

Relax PC nerds, no pc port, tenis for PC is stupid

18. DarkElfa

Loki, I’d pay real money if you’d go wander into traffic. That goes for all fanboys that can’t seem to understand that you can like something without putting something else down.

19. cookiejar

@17 Tennis*

No wonder you hate PC’s.

20. XAleX360

Hey VG247 staff, could anyone of you please clarify this with 2K?

Your news says it’s coming for PC, X360 & PS3, but the press release swaps PC with Wii, sadly. I’m waiting for a PC release of Top Spin since the second chapter and would be very upset if they don’t make it.
    If that was a mistake, can you ask if there is a chance for a later porting at the very least? Thanks in advance.

21. cookiejar

“2K Sports announced today that Top Spin 4, the latest iteration of the Top Spin tennis simulation video game franchise, is scheduled to release in 2011 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Wii™ system from Nintendo”

From the 2K website. Sorry, no PC.

22. XAleX360

Yeah, I read that…I was wondering if this was only a mistake from VG247 side or perhaps (too much hope I guess), a slip from the publisher of a future porting.

That makes me sad, I really prefer playing on PC whenever that is possible. I hope they change their mind before, or even after the release…After all, Top Spin 1&2 were ported many months later on PC.