Activision’s Apache: Air Assault confirmed for November 9

Tuesday, 31st August 2010 08:32 GMT By Patrick Garratt

apache

Little-publicised flight sim Apache: Air Assault will release on November 9 for 360 and PS3, Activision said overnight. Who knew?

Gaijin Entertainment, developer of IL-2 Sturmovik Birds of Prey, is doing this. It’s the firm’s first “helicopter combat simulator,” apparently.

The game features air-to-air and air-to-ground action, in locales “from the jungles of Central America to the mountains of Central Asia”.

You can either pilot solo or co-pilot with a friend over 16 multi-stage missions, real-world satellite photography included.

For the record, Birds of Prey was pretty much amazing, and the inclusion of co-op here should definitely put Apache on your radar.

1. mojo

uh oh, that sou8nds cool.
    Cant rtealy imaging a heli sim, but if its only remotely like the heli action in bfbc (i know that sounds incredibly stupid, for sure the comntrols will differ mcuh – but its not about the controls, just the feeling of using this machine) i will get this, i guess..

2. Suikoden Fan

i’d rather a remake of the strike gmes

3. Patrick Garratt

Sorry, this is only on consoles. There’s no PC version.

4. ruckus

“16 multi-stage missions”
    Really makes you wonder what PC flight sims would be doing now, what with dynamic campaigns et all.

5. Redh3lix

LOL @ not for PC. If ever there was a platform this would suit it’s PC. I’m a console owner (and Mac) but an ex-PC gamer. I gave up PC gaming because of blatant decline of PC gaming. When I say PC gaming, I mean core titles, not the ever growing and massive casual gaming market.

6. jowadmax

I think it’s not as serious as HAWX it reminds me of Air Assault 3D.

7. kastanaras

Helicopter sim exclusive to consoles just doesn’t sound right.

8. LordCancer

come on guys don’t say that stuff. helicopters are awesome! and this way theres no pc version to get in the way of the console version, so yall up high on ur pc cant say it was dumbed down cause it was prolley just dumb to begin with right? its a win win…. if i still have a 360 when it comes out I want to play this. need more flight sims on console and something besides jets and world war craft. I miss colony wars.