“Tons” of announcements coming for MotorStorm Apocalypse, says developer

Tuesday, 24 August 2010 20:05 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

MSA

Evolution Studios was at gamescom last week showing off MotorStorm Apocalypse in 3D and unveiling a second track for the game.

Despite the splurge, though, game director Matt Southern reckons there’s plenty more to come.

Speaking to the EU PS Blog, Southern said “tons” more will be revealed of the game before its release, like 16-person multiplayer, vehicle customization and sharing, group identities, and a couple more tracks.

He added: “When we announced MotorStorm Apocalypse, the reaction was overwhelmingly positive. The guys who already owned MotorStorm were a bit concerned we were moving a bit too far from it, but we really don’t think we have.”

Because of this concern, Evolution showed the game off at gamescom, and it seems a lot of the fans fears were put to rest.

“We scour the web for content on things we are showing, and as we approach Alpha and start to move into Beta to polish the game, as much as possible, we’re using that [feedback] all the time,” he said.

The game is slated for release in spring next year, which may happen in “late February, earlier March,” according to Southern.

Watch the interview in its entirety below, or over on the EU PS Blog.

Latest