Sorcery video shows how to conjure and command powerful magic

Saturday, 21st August 2010 22:02 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

sorcery

Sony has released a trailer for its PlayStation Move title Sorcery, and we have it for you below the break.

It looks like a fun title, really. We’re not too fond of the kid transposed on the screen in the trailer though.

Thankfully, the little fella’s not included.

First shown at E3, Sorcery has you playing as the sorcerer’s apprentice and you must learn magic to protect your homeland against the The Nightmare Queen. This evil lady apparently has an issue with daylight and wants to make the world a dark place where her minions can run amok and do her bidding unfettered.

To best her evil plans, players must travel through the Faerie Kingdoms to save a land based on Irish mythology, and use over 12 upgradeable spells, hundreds of potions, and loads of items to accomplish the lofty goal.

Along the way, players will run into numerous enemies to defeat, come across puzzles to solve, and must learn to craft new spells to progress in the game. The rescue of kidnapped children, recovering  ancient knowledge from the City of the Drowned, and aiding the local inhabitants of the town will also be on the agenda.

Sounds rather fun.

Sorcery is slated for Q2 2011.  Enjoy the trailer.

1. Erthazus

Thats a cool software right here, but thats about it.

2. LePlatypus

I want that game but I’m not willing to pay full price for Move just for that, I think I’ll wait for the price to decrease first

3. onlineatron

I want a Fable like experience.

If the game provides a fleshed out quest, town, buy/sell systems on top of the interesting controls then i’m in.

Well… If the MOVE drops in price.

4. Telepathic.Geometry

Ooh, that looks like it could be a lot of fun. It has a nice look to it, if the feel is nice, I’d be very interested in buying it. :)

5. b163oi

This is the only 1st gen. move title after e3 made me really take a deeper look n2 move, and it may be good IDK we will see

6. CenoBit

Ok…since noone is saying it, I will.
    This is obviously a Harry Potter knock-off. From the pretentious “epic” soundtrack the fairytale-like story and the simple non-frightening monsters, this is Harry Potter with another name.

BUT, this is not necessarily a bad thing. I mean, it doesn’t always have to be sick monsters and bazookas to enjoy a game. If this is as good as it seems to be, this could actually be what Harry Potter for Wii was supposed to be.

Now, I’m not really fond of Potter, but I could definitely see myself playing a game that lets you use your controller as a wand, with PROPER controls and graphics, a good story and some interesting spells.

7. theevilaires

This is the killer app so far for MOVE. Little 7 year olds are gonna eat this up :)

8. Dannybuoy

Move to drop in price? Drop in price?? It’s already cheap you idiots. I guess some people will need to ask mummy and daddy for some extra pocket money but come on. It’s really not expensive. Plus you’ll be waiting a while for a price drop.

9. freedoms_stain

@6, fairytale-like stories have been around long before Harry Potter was about. As has magic, monsters and everything else.

The link to Harry Potter is roughly equivalent to the link to The Elder Scrolls: there’s magic, there’s monsters. Pretty much a staple of the fantasy genre.

10. Crysis

though in the fourth elder scrolls, there’s not nearly as many monsters, i go through a forest or something, it’s more likely a wolf will attack me, i’ve only played a couple of hours both on morrowind & oblivion so i cannot reasure that the 4th is over populated with them like the 3rd was

11. freedoms_stain

Once you start going through Oblivion gates in Oblivion the number of monsters cutting about goes up.

12. Crysis

ok, i’m not a gamer who can play the same game more than 2 hours in a row, unfortunately that’s basically what the elder scrolls & Fallout demand, which is why they’re in my shameful “uncompleted” box :P

13. DrDamn

Thought this was one of the best of E3 this year. It does look to be taking more of a lurch for the younger market with this latest vid – hopefully it remains challenging and interesting too. Harry Potter borrows very heavily from lots of places, so to say this is a knock off of that is a bit much. Though sales would really do quite well if they could get a tie in and release around the same time as the movies conclude the story.

14. freedoms_stain

I dunno about the younger market thing. They could be going for a bit of a gaming Pans Labyrinth. That had undeniable fairytale elements but was also undeniably adult in nature.

15. DrDamn

And the video above with what looks like a 12 year old playing?