Fri, Aug 06, 2010 | 16:58 BST
Square Enix Q1 FY11 financials: Net sales up 11% to $378 million
Square Enix has released its financials for Q1 ending on June 30 for fiscal year 2011, and it shows net sales of ¥32.5 billion ($378.2 million) which is up 11 percent year-over-year from ¥29.4 billion ($341.5 million).
The increase can be attributed to 1.25 million unit sales for Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 in Japan, along with worldwide sales of Final Fantasy XIII and Just Cause 2.
For the rest of the year, Square forecasts sales of ¥160,000 million and operating income of ¥20,000 million, which is a bit lower than last year’s forecast yoy.
The company expects total software sales to drop from 26.6 million to 24 million, with Japan accounting for 25 percent of sales compared to 44 percent last year. Europe and North American software sales are expected to account for 37.5 percent of sales equably.
Gaming highlights for the company in FY11 include the following releases:
- Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days in August
- Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep, Front Mission Evolved and Final Fantasy XIV in September
- Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded in October for Japan
- Dragon Quest Monsters Battle Road Victory and The 3rd Birthday in Japan this winter
- FFXIV on PS3 in March before the end of the fiscal year
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution early 2011
The firm will also handle the publishing end of Call of Duty: Black Ops when it releases there – meaning Japan – in November.