Report – Channel 4 set to bring 4OD to PS3

Thursday, 5th August 2010 15:55 GMT By Johnny Cullen

skins

According to a Broadcast report (via TechRadar), UK ‘s Channel 4, is set to bring its on-demand service to PS3.

Like BBC iPlayer previously, 4OD will provide a catch-up service to C4′s programs, like Skins, MisFits and Come Dine with Me.

It also has teen soap Hollyoaks and the UK version of Big Brother.

“We’re looking to launch on the PS3,” a source told the publication.

“4oD is becoming a platform agnostic product and will be successful because of the quality of the content.”

It’s been previously suggested that ITV are also in talks about bring its ITV Player to PS3, while Wii also has BBC iPlayer.

Xbox 360 also has Sky Player, but has refused to let iPlayer come to Live.

1. NinjaMidget

Yay! this is great news, skins and great documentaries!

2. Johnny Cullen

Skins is the big win for me.

I love it.

3. Blerk

Now all they need to do is bring some programmes worth watching back to C4.

4. LOLshock94

and shameless and misfits

hopefully when this comes out BB will be gone

5. Razor

I liked the first set of characters in Skins. I don’t really care for this bunch. Same with Shameless. Past its best.

6. theevilaires

Oh great little U.S.K. teenagers. Way to pimp out PSN SONY. If you wanna run PSN into the ground just adopt Wii style friend codes instead. You don’t have to add insult to injury :(

7. Johnny Cullen

@5 I actually think the second gen lot were as great as the first. Don’t get me wrong, the first lot were good, but I loved the second group.

Guess it comes down to preference.

Just FYI: they’re announce the third gen cast in half an hour on the Skins website.

8. Detale

I must be getting old, Skins did nothing for me at all.

I hope 4OD will be integrated into the XMB like the iPlayer.

9. Happy Hardon Harry

Skins, MisFits and Come Dine with Me.It also has teen soap Hollyoaks and the UK version of Big Brother.

10. onlineatron

You know what this means…

THE MOTHERFUCKING IT CROWD BITCHES!!

11. revolting

@10 +1. The IT Crowd is the best thing C4 has seen for decades.

Well, that and Dead Set.

12. onlineatron

Dead Set wasn’t too good for me… It felt a bit hollow, there wasn’t much past the whole ‘look, we have zombies… but ON A TERRESTRIAL TV CHANNEL!’ schtick.

13. LOLshock94

dead sets good they should show it again

14. McLovin85

Have to say I do love the IT Crowd also.
    Good thing about 4oD is that even though there might not be that many great programs on it, they have a good amount archived that you can watch when you like unlike with iPlayer where programs are only on it for a set amount of time.
    Gotta love Derren Brown and The Inbetweeners too though!

15. Nozz

Yes i hope so! The Inbetweeners is funny as!

16. Rhythm

Huh? 4oD already works on the PS3. Use the browser to navigate to http://www.youtube.com/shows and you find all the Channel 4 stuff that you can eat. Channel 5 too.