DiRT 3 gets debut trailer

Sunday, 1st August 2010 11:25 GMT By Johnny Cullen

dirt 3

As promised, ESPN’s shown the first trailer of DiRT 3 during the X-Games last nignt.

The video shows Ken Block’s Ford Focus RS going through a series of terrains in the trailer, with the last one showing what appears to be the extreme rally sport, Gymkhana.

If you don’t know what that is, best check this.

It’s down for a 2011 release, although no platforms are mentioned.

1. Joe Anderson

Looks good.

2. Yoshi

Hopfully its back to rally and not buggy racing!

3. humanfish

I’m looking forward to WRC more myself.
    I really don’t know why they insist on sticking the McRae name on the game still, it makes me a bit uneasy in all honesty. Why don’t they start calling it Ken Blocks DiRT3, would seem moe appropriate to me.

4. Johnny Cullen

Because it’s a tribute to the man?

I liked DiRT 2 when it released last year. Awesome game.

5. humanfish

I would imagine it is more of a issue of money/sales than a tribute.

6. Droid

Bah all theses adverts on youtube are putting me off their site nowadays. Dirt’s looking good though, shame it’s a fair way off release. I also hope it’s not buggies and it’s more rally driving. But it’s the destructable physix/damage on the cars that gets me interested mostly.

7. itsamemarcus

That’s not a Subaru, it’s a Ford :-)

8. Yoshi

@7 Nah its a Subaru :P

9. BULArmy

@8 7 is right this is Ford Focus RS WRC 08 whit which he started in Rally Portugal, Mexico and Turkey. If you pause on 0:39 you can see the Ford logo. Jonny correct the mistake.
    Block want to to start in WRC but he will be totally crushed by the competition. He can’t compete with Loeb, Hirvonen, Solberg and the other big drivers.

10. Wizard

it’s a Ford Fiesta WRC, and I’m more intrested in the Official WRC game than this.

11. Johnny Cullen

Ah, so it is. My bad.

Fixed.

12. DeSpiritusBellum

Yeah, I don’t really trust a rally game that tries to sell itself on exploding trucks.

The rally stages of the original Dirt are some of the best I’ve played since Rallisport Challenge back in the day. Personally I thought the baja stages were a nice touch, and I thought they nailed the sense of grip and power perfectly.

But yeah, if they continue to try making rally “cool” for the adolescent public, my bet’s on WRC as well. Shame though.