Kinect Sports screens show Avatars doing sports, obviously

Thursday, 29th July 2010 20:24 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

kinectsports-a

Kinect Sports, Rare’s Avatar-based game for Kinect, has some screens for it, showing off some of the six sports activities your virtual cartoon self can participate in – boxing, bowling, beach volleyball, track and field, soccer and table tennis.

We were really hoping it would include Bocce Ball or Cornhole, but oh well.

The title is expected to be made available in November, which is when Kinect launches.

Shots courtesy of DigitalGames.

Thanks, Wolverine.

1. cookiejar

Hey, I can see the bottom of his shoe!

2. Gheritt White

Rare sure haven’t lost their touch for making things look super-duper pretty, that’s for sure.

It’s just a shame this isn’t a sequel to Jet Force Gemini or Blast Corps.

3. Stephany Nunneley

The day I leap into the air, like that lady in the pic, to spike an imaginary volleyball, is the day I…well, nevermind, because it will NEVER HAPPEN.

4. Joe Anderson

Hey Steph, are you sure those ain’t pictures from a Wii Game? :D

5. onlineatron

I know I shouldn’t do this… But, artistically/graphically, this looks a lot better than Sony’s motion sports game.

6. Stephany Nunneley

@4 Ya know Joe, I almost said something about that, but bit my tongue. Hard. :D

7. reask

LOL @ Joe.
    That was the reply I gave in wolverines thread.
    I mean cmon MS you have got to be taking the Mick here.

8. LOLshock94

it will probely be better wii sports but either way i think kinect is shit this is probely shit end of

9. onlineatron

What MS and Sony need to work out that it wasn’t the sports aspect of Wii Sports that made it such a hit.

It was it’s uniqueness and quick, clean, fun gameplay.

Emulating won’t help them, they need to find their own killer-apps for devices, beyond that of ‘Wii too’ mini-game collections.

(Here’s hoping Dance Central is as fun as people say).