Mass Effect 2 DLC Lair of the Shadow Broker announced

Thursday, 22nd July 2010 17:49 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

masseffect2

BioWare has announced the next bit of DLC for Mass Effect 2, and it’s called Lair of the Shadow Broker.

According to the website listing:

Two years ago, Commander Shepard died and Liara T’Soni fought in a desperate struggle against the Shadow Broker to recover her former Commander. Now that Shepard is back, it’s time to even the score and team up with Liara to confront the mysterious and sinister Shadow Broker in the latest expansion to Mass Effect 2.

No date, just listed as “coming soon”.

However, BioWare was nice enough to post three screens for it, which are below.

Enjoy.

1. The Hindle

Sounds promising, cant be any worse then whats already come out dlc wise.

2. Erthazus

I’m interested to replay Mass Effect 2. Maybe it’s going to be more decent with all these DLC stuff.

3. Freek

Also known as “those story bitts that should have been in the game to begin with”.

4. AHA-Lambda

nice! I’ve literally just this minute finished the overlord pack aswell :P

5. RETARDED VIKING

all i want to is…..do i get to bang liara as female shepard cuz really……the only lesbian option i had was probably the best way to die….but i didn’t get an achievement sooo it kinda didn’t…..count

6. Samuel

@3 Not really. None of these things have been integral to the plot at all, they’ve all been strictly side stories that are perfect for DLC. Unless you’re just one of those who is against any DLC at all.

7. Freek

I’m not against it all. I just think this particular story should have been in the game from day one. They’ve been teasing the Shadow Broker from the first game, then they make him an intergral part of Sheppards story in ME2 but not elaborate on it at all, untill now.

8. DeSpiritusBellum

@6 Freek has a point there. I think you can rightly measure an RPG as much on the plot, as on the world it offers, and that includes sidequests.

I regret buying Mass Effect 2, but even if I’d liked it, I wouldn’t be paying to get these kinds of scraps when I’m already done with the game.

9. Freek

I woulden’t go that far, I love ME2. I was just dissapointed they continued to tease the Shadow Broker in ME2 with a side quest that diden’t really go anywhere.
    Nice we finally get that bitt of the plot, though.

10. blackdreamhunk

i wonder how much points i need to get the dlc

11. AHA-Lambda

probably 560 again

12. Keivz

To think, I was planning on replaying this this weekend and finally playing the Firewalker, Kasumi, and Overlord dlc that have been sitting on my harddrive. Not that I’m complaining. More ME2 is not a bad thing to be sure.

13. frostquake

Still purposefully not unlocking the Omega 4 Relay till I have played all the ME2 DLC. Don’t know if any of the DLC will make the End Game any easier, but oh well. I guess I am a ME2 Whore…wait can a dude be a whore??? What is a Dude Whore called?? Dude Whore??? LOL

14. James Mac

Man-whore.

Personally I think it should be Man-O-Whore… but I don’t get to decide these things.

15. Old MacDonald

Sorry Liara. I’ve moved on.

16. LOLshock94

wtf i found the shadow broker in the first ME aint giving away what he is but i fucking found him so would i be able to play this is i found him in the walkthrough im doing now i need answers bioware???