Wed, Jul 07, 2010 | 15:52 BST
Winners announced for 2010 E3 Game Critics Awards
The winners of the 2010 E3 Game Critics Awards were announced today, with 3DS, and Portal 2 with two wins each and RAGE walking away with three.
Best of Show went to Nintendo 3DS, beating out Dance Central, Portal 2, and Epic Mickey.
3DS also walked away with the award for Best Hardware, edging out Move, Kinect and Rock Band 3’s pro guitars and keyboard.
Best Console Game went to RAGE, which also walked away with a Special Commendation for Graphics award.
Portal 2 nabbed Best PC Game and Best Action/Adventure Game.
Here’s the full list of winners:
- Best of Show: Nintendo 3DS
- Best Original Game: Dance Central
- Best Console Game: Rage
- Best Handheld Game:God of War: Ghost of Sparta
- Best PC Game: Portal 2
- Best Hardware: Nintendo 3DS
- Best Action Game: RAGE
- Best Action/Adventure Game: Portal 2
- Best Role Playing Game: Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Best Fighting Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds
- Best Racing Game: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
- Best Sports Game: NBA Jam
- Best Strategy Game: Civilization V
- Best Social/Casual Game: Rock Band 3
- Best Motion Simulation Game: Dance Central
- Best Online Multiplayer: Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood
- Special Commendation for Graphics: RAGE
Breaking it down, Dance Central took home two awards, while EA won 4 out of 15 nominations, Bethesda won 3 out of 6 nominations, MTV Games won 3 out of 7 nominations, and Microsoft won 2 out of 11 nominations.
2K, Capcom, LucasArts, Sony, and Ubisoft each walked home with one award each.
Games for Xbox 360 won 10 awards, PS3 nabbed nine, PC also grabbed nine, Wii three, and PSP got one. It should be noted, however, that RAGE, Portal 2, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, MvC3, and Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood are multiplatform games.
Get the full rundown through the links.