Dead Rising 2 delayed a month in Europe and US

Monday, 28th June 2010 08:12 GMT By Johnny Cullen

deadrising22

Capcom’s just announced that Dead Rising 2 has been delayed by a month in the US and Europe.

The European release date, which was previously announced back in February at X10 as September 3, is now October 1.

The US launch date is now September 28, having originally been due on August 31.

Nothing was mentioned, however, on a date for the Case Zero prequel, which will be exclusive to 360.

The game itself will release on PC, 360 and PS3.

1. Mr Tom

I’m looking forward to this a lot, but I can wait – it’s not like we’re short on games right now.

2. Robo_1

I wonder if they’ve held it back to polish the PS3 version. I’ve heard it’s a particularly rough conversion.

Not fussed about this anyway, the first game promised a lot but I just couldn’t get into it.

3. DJ Deathstar

Suppose this gives more time for Case 0 to launch now considering the release schedule being busy with the summer of arcade prob starting on July 21st/28th

4. satsugai

As long as there’s no time limit and the save system changed I’ll be happy. I found myself trying to rush through the 1st.

5. Crysis

but what about Australia, WHAT ABOUT AUSTRALIA!?!?!

6. Blerk

Australia wouldn’t have been getting it anyway. :-)

7. AHA-Lambda

@4 – prepare to be disappointed, reason why i’m not excited for this game =/

8. Crysis

@6 we got the 1st one, the douche who’s been keeping us from getting R18 games has been kicked out, so it’ll still come here, we normally get it the same day as Europe, but it’s not uncommon for it to come here several days earlier than Europe

9. MushroomStamp

I agree about the timer. I dislike timers in game, they always ruin the experience for me. I am happy that took the whole Crappy ass Take a photo thing out. That was just painful and wasted my time.