Co-op in Halo: Reach has scalable difficulty

Friday, 25th June 2010 18:15 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

haloreach6

Bungie has said co-op difficulty in Halo: Reach will be scaleable.

According to Brian Jarrard, speaking to Kotaku, enemies will get harder when there are two or more players involved, when compared to solo-play.

Previous Halo titles required player groups to manually increase the difficulty level for more challenging gameplay, but Reach enemies automatically get tougher and smarter for each player in the group.

Good to know.

Bungie announced at E3 that Reach would contain Space combat, and to make up for the mode’s lack of multiplayer the popular Firefight mode from Halo 3: ODST will be included.

Halo: Reach is out on September 14.

1. spiderLAW

Reach is sounding better and with this announcement, it helps even more. Cant get over the lack of advancement in the overall tech of the game (physics, graphics, gameplay).

I will probably end up buying it though. The wifee likes playing fire fight mode on ODST so im sure she is going to make me pick this up at midnight launch.

anyone wanna play, ill be on Xbox Live as ThElAwLaIdLaw

2. polygem

I cant wait for this. I enjoyed the beta. A LOT. While we’re at it – mine is: OhMikeOdd… But i’m off since i sold my elite waiting for the new 360 to arrive on july 16th…

3. MushroomStamp

I agree. While I have played and beaten all previous Halo’s. I never really cared for the multiplayer. I didn’t care for the floaty jumps or the guns that don’t really feel like they require aim. That being said, I’m surprised at myself, because i’m actually looking forward to this game with it’s high gameplay polish. I had hoped the graphics would be better but if the gameplay is as tight as it appears, this could be the version that actually gets me into Halo Multiplayer.

4. polygem

Exactly.
    Same here.

5. spiderLAW

Mushroom, whats your tag homie?
    Poly, im gonna add you.

6. MushroomStamp

Currently it’s Mushr0omStamp .. with the first o as a zero.

7. polygem

Hehe nice…vg247 clan… Wont be able to accept it before july 16 th though due to lack of hardware…

8. reask

I only managed about a 0.55% K/D on it but I really enjoyed it I have to say.
    Heres my stats.

I will be getting it so if you want a bit of a pleb guys I am certainly up for it.
    reask is my tag.
    I get a lot of assists it would seem. :D
    Fu***ng sods just wont go down. :)

9. MushroomStamp

I get that a lot in shooters.. it seems I’m the first person to attack and other people always come in and finish off to get credit. Might be my aggressive push forward style instead of sitting back… I honestly believe I make others look better than what they are. Damn support role :)

10. reask

^ :D

11. spiderLAW

im going to send you all a freinds request tonight. Poly, dont forget to check ur messages when you get urs on the 14th.

I didnt like the Beta. Maybe it was too easy for me. I only lost when i was just screwing around but most of the time i won.
    I’ll try and post my stats later. It wont let me at work.
    IF TEA played his xbox more,i know he’d be good. He plays PS3 games like a champ as far as i can tell.

12. reask

LOL @ spider.
    I found it very hard to get the kills in.
    Mind you I only managed a 0.88 on MW2 so nothing new really.
    Still I enjoy it and thats what counts really.
    I only got into on line about 6 months ago really.
    Before then I would maybe spend about an hour on multi then just go back to sp.
    Now I am doing the opposite.

13. spiderLAW

Hey cool Reask!! we are the same. I barely started playing online Multiplayer in September of 2009.
    I was always a single player kinda of guy and the Multpiplayer was just something that me and my wife would enjoy together. Now i am starting to get into online multiplayer more.
    My MW2 on 360 (under a different gamer tag) was at 1.78 k/d ratio.
    That game was too easy too. I reached Prestige 10 level 70 max XP within 6 days and 21hrs total play time (same on the PS3 but with a lower k/d ratio of 1.1). My friends are going on 22 days now and are barely at 10th Prestige level 42.

I dont care if im good either. I just wanna have fun. Most of the time i play with people that arent as good as me so that i can goof off a bit without them getting upset with me :)

14. reask

Nice one spider.
    1.78 would be a dream for me. :)
    Nah but in all fairness the fun of playing against other folks is hard to beat really.

And the online is just getting better as time goes on imo.