Darksiders 2 “well into production”, says THQ

Wednesday, 16th June 2010 17:18 GMT By Joe Anderson

darksiderspc

THQ’s confirmed that Darksiders 2 is “well into production” and will release in 2012.

Speaking at THQ’s E3 analyst meeting last night, core games VP, Danny Bilson said: “Darksiders 2 is coming. We’ve green lit that. It’s well into production now, its two years out from now.”

THQ revealed earlier in the year during a financial call that Darksiders 2, WH: 40K Space Marine and Saint’s Row 3 are still on track for FY2012.

The first title was very well received, gaining a 83 score average on review aggregate site Metacritic.

Thanks, CVG

1. DUFFKING

Darksiders was great fun, awesome ending and great sequel prospects too.

2. Bleak Harvest

Brilliant. I enjoyed the first one quite a bit.

3. Gadzooks!

Oh I’ll be having some of that! Absolutely loved the first one.

4. Phoenixblight

I enjoyed the first one as well but since they stated it will be pure CO Op I will not be getting the second sadly.

5. Joe Anderson

I love the first Darksiders, one of my games of the year.

6. The Hindle

Pretty gd was Darksiders, cant wait for the sequel.

7. theevilaires

Cool I hope it picks up right where it left man….This time I want the game to do better in sells too….and please no screen tearing for Gadzooks! version *cough 360 cough* of the game :D

8. joshua nash

that’s good to hear, but i don’t know “if” i’ll get it, which is a nice way of saying that ‘m going to get it but only after i’ve seen some screenshots and learned a lot more about the plot

9. manamana

Excellent-day-one-must-have. Joe Madureira’s style is unrivaled.

10. Gadzooks!

Your info is out of date friend.

11. theevilaires

LOL Eurogamer aka XBOT Heaven :D ….yea right!

12. Gadzooks!

It’s very clearly shown in the side-by-side video that the games are basically identical.

Jeez, I knew you were paranoid but not trusting your own eyes? That’s tinfoil hat territory! :D

13. ensabahnur

So glad, i just hope it happens sooner than later.

14. MegaGeek1

Joe Mad’s art direction and creativity is unparalleled in both the comic book and video game medium. He is the ultimate fan of all things geek and his love for his work shows through in every design. Darksiders was an onslaught of fanfare, from its odes to Zelda, WOW and GOW. Personally I cant wait for the new Darksiders. The first one was the sleeper hit of the year, which coincidentally is my favourite kind of hit.

THQ lucked out with this deal. Joe should be Art Director for blockbuster movies.

15. xino

but why all the way in 2012!??
    they already talked about Darksiders 2 before Darksiders 1 was even released.

this game is sick man!