PlayStation Move gets half-hour long video

Sunday, 13th June 2010 08:48 GMT By Joe Anderson

Move-4

A new 30-minute video for PlayStation Move has hit the internet, showing exactly what it’s like to play launch games Sports Champions and Move Party.

The video, which is in German, takes a look into the mini-games on Sports Champions, which includes Arena Fighting, Table Tennis and Volleyball.

Later on the video, it also takes a quick look at Move Party, showing a two-player mini-game which involves giving haircuts as fast as you can.

Check out the video below. Move will undoubtedly be a massive part of Sony’s E3 conference on Tuesday night. Get the skinny on that here.

1. Erthazus

Thats cool, but without decent hardcore game, nope.

2. Yoshi

Nice to see some of them games don’t HAVE to be done using two controllers. Like the bow and arrow.

3. 52pickup

Doesn’t look too bad actually. Though personally i need a bit more incentive if i’m going to replace my Wii Sports with a HD version,with a few extra games.

4. get2sammyb

I think Move Party looks really good — technically Sports Champions looks really cool too, but the art-style’s a bit flat.

5. Stefan1904

The video is from the german gaming site GamersGlobal.de

6. threadzilla

@ 1 Some hardcore games for it would be nice, but I don’t want to play every single hardcore game from now on with motion controls (if I wanted that I would have went with the wii)

7. deanimate

Good games please sony :) Not *just* casual crap

8. xokero

nuevos juegos http://www.clandragonrojo.es/video-ingame-de-%E2%80%98sports-champions%E2%80%99-y-%E2%80%98move-party%E2%80%99-para-ps-move

9. Amored

I think I’ve seen those games before… on the Wii xD

10. onlineatron

I really liked the menu interface…

But if they are touting this thing as the ‘Wii HD’ why do the in game graphics/art style look worse than the Wii’s despite there higher resolution.

11. Aimless

Because fidelity and artistry are very different things.

The tech seems fine and the augmented reality parts were fairly interesting, but as always the onus is on software. I don’t have a problem with facsimiles of Wii games appearing on Move, so long as that isn’t all there is.