David Hayter not signed up for Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Friday, 11th June 2010 15:13 GMT By Johnny Cullen

MGS Rising

Metal Gear Solid: Rising maybe heading for an E3 re-reveal and all that, but it looks like someone won’t be part of the celebrations. A certain David Hayter.

The actor behind Solid Snake for the past 12 years, from Metal Gear Solid to Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, has told MTV Multiplayer that he hasn’t been signed up yet to be in the game.

That’s despite the Solid Snake story arc concluding with Guns of the Patriots and Rising being all about MGS2′s Raiden.

“I don’t know if I’m doing ‘Metal Gear Rising,” he said. “Nobody’s contacted me about it, so I have no idea.”

But there might be some hope yet.

“They usually call me once the Japanese game is done and they’re starting to get into the English translation,” said Hayter. “So we’re not completely done, but it’s on its way by the time they get in touch with me.”

Konami’s E3 presser is on Wednesday. You’d be a fucking fool to miss it now. Get the timing for it here.

1. lirky

I remember the mgs4 improv. vid before it was taken off of youtube. Raidens character at the end of the improv said… Raiden gets his own game yay.

… hence ^ this article.

2. Dralen

Lol, it’s not really Metal Gear Solid without Solid Snake.

3. Yoshi

It should be called Metal Gear: Rising

4. lirky

@3 yoshi i agree i labeled it as metal gear rising : mg rising.

Even if snakes ghost or voice appears in rising.. its still nothing solid about any of it.

5. Raining_Upwards

@3 For the longest time (i’m a blind bastard I know) I thought it was called that :O

6. horse

Looks like they’ve made the same mistake they did with 2

7. SaintRasmus

So what is the problem.

8. Raining_Upwards

@6 So long as it doesn’t have some fat dude on roller skates throwing bombs around, i’m game.

9. Paavi

Contrary to the general knowledge, Solid isn’t a reference to Solid Snake, but to the three dimensions Metal Gear Solid utilizes.

10. lirky

I think itll be exclusive or timed exclusive for microsoft im sure mg rising will now be exclusive, konami and microsoft are doing business in a smart way making a possibly final metal gear game on a console ever as an exclusive for the franchises last bang.

But if its timed then sony will enjoy the sales as well as microsoft.

11. Raining_Upwards

@9 You do indeed speak the truth.

12. Mike W

I’m losing interests in this game. It’s sounds like MGS 2 all over again.

13. lirky

imagine if mg rising’s story imagine if its good.. will it be a spin off good story or a story that ties to older mg games. its a creepy risk.. it better be a new story just a whole story about raidens past that way it shows closure for that.

14. zoopdeloop

It’s been announced as multiplatform( 360,ps3,PC) so it won’t be exclusive or timed exclusive to anyone.

As for the story.No one really cares about Raiden and his past.MGS’s story was all about Snake,Big Boss,Patriots e.t.c which they all are already put together(in a Kojima fashion).Even H.Kojima mentioned that the final missing link in the MGS universe is only Peace Walker.
    Rising is only for the fun of hack n’slash…nothing more

15. lirky

Okay so raidens game is just a spin-off then.. so in all i guess it would be worth it to buy maybe depending on the mood or feeling of wanting a different perspective of metal gear someday.

16. Gekidami

Do we even know if this is meant to be canon?

17. zoopdeloop

@15 a different perspective in gameplay…yes
    and for those who really cared about Raiden’s story.
    MGS2 was a very good game but i remember most people were put off by Raiden being the main attraction.(as the main character and story-wise)

18. Raining_Upwards

@17 Yeah I mostly agree. My main unforgivable beef with the storyline was the way they kicked the entirety of the awesomeness in MGS1 to the curb, saying that it was a ‘VR sim’.

Thanks for that Kojima.