Enslaved is finished, just getting some polish

Tuesday, 1st June 2010 19:02 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

enalsved

Namco Bandai Partners VP Olivier Comte has said that Ninja Theory’s Enslaved is already finished; it’s just getting some polish at the moment.

Speaking with CVG in Barcelona, Comte said that not only is the game getting some spit-shine, but the publisher also thinks this is “the best game” the developer has “ever made”.

“There is no doubt, this is priority number one,” he said. “The game is already finished as of a couple of weeks and months ago and they are polishing the game.

“Everything is on track. The studio has a good track record and I think this is the best game that they’ve ever made. They have the best music, the best art design, the best writers… honestly, we have everything to build a very, very strong franchise. I will be very sad if we miss it.

“I don’t know if it’ll work but I can’t imagine it won’t. What I know is that I can guarantee that this will be the priority number one title for the company worldwide and we will make all the effort necessary to make it a success and to build the franchise.”

VG247 was in Barcelona and had a look at Enslaved as well, and you can get our interview with Ninja Theory boss Tameem Antoniades here.

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West releases this fall for PS3 and Xbox 360, and a demo as well as story-based DLC is “on the cards” for the title.

1. Yoshi

Wasn’t this only announced a few weeks ago? I like their style :P

2. Alakratt

These guys a piece of work. I remember they critized Heavenly Sword (their own game), or Sony for not marketing well enough to sell good, one of the two. If it wasn’t for Heavenly Sword nobody would know these fucks exist. Fucking hipocrites!

3. Aimless

I’ve no idea how you make it through the day with that much irrational rage bubbling away inside you, Alakratt.

I’m pretty hopeful about Enslaved, although the overbearing luster of scalable surfaces in recent footage is a bit of a concern. That’s one aspect that certainly doesn’t need any more polish.

4. Boris Fett

@Alakratt A good artist is always his biggest critic.

Heavenly Sword was an amazing game. The only thing that let it down was the badly implemented Sixaxis implementation. I can only imagine that was something Sony tried to push, not a design choice on Ninja’s Theory’s part.

I would easily put Ninja Theory up there with the best of developers. This game is looking awesome, and I really can’t wait.

5. Alakratt

Actually it’s not rage, I just use the f word when it’s necessary. I wasn’t even agry even though it seems that way. But really, can’t stand these hipocrites. Now that they’re multiplatform they critized the publisher that made them…I know karma will bite them back.

6. Dralen

That was fast! Did they finish the game in a week?

7. Moonwalker1982

Wow, finished? what the……so when’s it coming out? Oh nevermind, fall.

8. Stoopid_Snot

“Enslaved is finished, just getting some polish”
    why want they polish people in the game? :P